Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee and I have a very special relationship. I'm a pot a day'er minimum. Here are my coffee mugs, go big or go home.
IMG_20210618_000634882.jpg

Proverbs 12:11 (NLT)
A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies has no sense.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

Lilbitsnpieces

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Good Morning..i too am not a "homesteader" in sense of the word. Ill always done things the "old ways".. it just happens to be in step with this new movement..I really like the porch..i do not have one anymore ..it was never rebuilt after a house fire. Do enjoy my coffee outside..today is the last treatment for scaly mites on my few chickens..compliments of a chicken someone tossed in my yard and i couldnt get it to quarantine...so an hour in morning and an hour at night added to my workload..plus side is i thought i had an egg napper and its a hen breaking and eating them. Ive narrowed it to two..both are fattening up nicely on corn..hopefully ill figure out the true culprit..before i cull.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Lilbitsnpieces Yep, once they start egg eating, they just don't stop! My daughter calls them "self feeders". I call them a lot of other things before the hatchet falls.

@GrandmaDeKorte Saw a lot of medicinal herbs listed in your garden, a few posts back. I assume you use them in tinctures, salves, etc. Would I be correct?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was lazy this morning. I paid bills, figured the monthly budget. It’s pretty simple, don’t spend money! LOL I finally dragged myself outside to do morning chores at noon. I spent the afternoon searching for recipes and planning a menu for the 3 granddaughters. They will be here from July 7-17 while their parents go to Italy on vacation. We get their 3 dogs too. DH napped most of the day, a good Father’s Day. Relaxed.