Grrrrr Freeze tonight! (baby chick pic's - page 2)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Awwwww....cute!

You built a coop around her? Now that is devotion to your critters!

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It might snow this weekend for us! So disapointed if my plants die! I have such a large garden that covering it up would be hard. Grr what on earth is going on with our weather!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Dace said:
Awwwww....cute!

You built a coop around her? Now that is devotion to your critters!
Just an enclosure kinda, its about 2 1/2 feet wide by 5 1/2 feet long - plenty of space for the babies to run around safely and to give them place to scratch and stuff.
The enclosure is just a plywood bottom, with 2x4's around the bottom, posts on each corner and chicken wire around the whole thing.
:gig

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I hope my veggies and apples made it through the night - it was super cold, the water buckets outside were all frozen over (I had to kick them to losen the ice this morning)

Plants are still covered for now, I have to leave the house soon and will uncover them. Temp is still only 31, but the sun is coming out, and there is no wind! :weee

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, that's cold. I Hope everything made it through ok. Cute chicks!!! Don't feel to bad abotu your car. My van sat outside for over a year because of the lawn tractor. Nice huh?

gina

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Wow, that's cold. I Hope everything made it through ok. Cute chicks!!! Don't feel to bad abotu your car. My van sat outside for over a year because of the lawn tractor. Nice huh?

gina
:gig We have a 4 car garage! :th now with NO cars! :th

We use one spot for the Quad 4x4. One for hay storage. One for my car and one for hubbys' car.

Hubby's spot was taken over for wood (fire burning) and since then we've used it to build the veggie gardens and stuff.... Mine was the lone REAL parking spot and now it has a chicken and chicks! :gig

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:hit my tomato plants are all dead. They have the same look at lettuce that got too cold in the fridge, that glassy look. :hit

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We are getting snow today too, a whole foot of it! :th visibility is close to zero right now. I don't have any vegies planted yet though, so I have no worries. Sorry to hear about your tomatoes.
Our garage never gets used for cars either...it is for snowmachines and fourwheelers. I call our garage the toybox...grrr! Men and boys kind of rule here:>) :lol:

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Dace said:
Oh bummer! How big were they?

I am sorry, you made a good effort though!!
They were about 6inches tall already.

I have to go to kids soccer games today - I'm going to see if I can find some started plants in town. I need the bush type (no place for vines as yet) so I am not sure if I'll find any.

I might just ask hubby to build another bed with tall posts so I can make some place for the indeterminate variety.

Oh well. I did take a chance putting them out so early - our last frost date is May 11th. :th