Gruß Gott from Baveria Germany!

PapaJohn59

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello and welcome from a guy who is studying and home brewing German style beers.
Oh then you need to visit me! In our small town (pop. 40,000) we have 8 active breweries! Every year they have a fest on the mountain at the monastery and every brewery has a tent! There used to be 11 about 10 years ago! So come on over!
Brauerei.png

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh then you need to visit me! In our small town (pop. 40,000) we have 8 active breweries! Every year they have a fest on the mountain at the monastery and every brewery has a tent! There used to be 11 about 10 years ago! So come on over!View attachment 13047

So what your telling me is you truly are in middle of God's last creation then. I am so envious... I'm stuck over here with rice and corn adjunt beers. I have a couple of friends in Germany but no where close to you.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh then you need to visit me! In our small town (pop. 40,000) we have 8 active breweries! Every year they have a fest on the mountain at the monastery and every brewery has a tent! There used to be 11 about 10 years ago! So come on over!View attachment 13047

You might have a visitor or two. I dropped the word to my son's that I'm planning a vacation. When is the fest?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks @flowerbug! We love growing different veggies every year....from pickles to tomatoes to green beans. My wife cans everything that we don't eat during the season. But I would have to say tomatoes would be my favorite, while my wife would say her strawberries! And what do you enjoy growing?

oh, yes, strawberries are one of my favorites too, peas and beans are a general weakness. i keep collecting more to grow. :) cucumbers, tomatoes and onions are most of what is left of our plantings.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
howdy! and welcome from north TEXAS!

glad to meet ya! you guys got any good pickle recipes?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hello, and welcome to our crazyness! I visited Europe when I was in the Navy, but only got to a couple of countries, Bavaria not being one of them.

I think you'll like it here, we have a lot of fine people on the forum.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Greetings from the middle of God's last creation...saving the best for last...Baveria! I found this site while reading the updates over at www.backyardchickens.com
So a little about myself....well that's a long story so I'll give you the short one.
Born and raised on a small farm in NW Ohio and I mean literally born during a winter storm at home. Growing up on the farm was, well farm life....hard, hot, demanding, rewarding and fun! But I knew there was something else outside of my county and I wanted to see it! So off I went to college but soon realized that that was not what I wanted. So....I left school and enlisted into the US Army and discovered the world that I sought to see. Nineteen plus years later, I myself looking at retirement, still single (rather good looking I like to think) and ready to go onto a new chapter in my life. Then, I met my best friend, who is now my wife, a local German girl. The Army returned me to the States for my last 17 months before retirement, during which time I married my best friend. Since she was still in Germany, I moved there. Now 20 years later, we have a 17 year old son and a 13 year old daughter. We have a small house on a 2 acre lot of land and raise chickens. Damn, I guess this short story is not really short at all.
Welcome to the forums!! I hope you'll enjoy your stay... learn and share your knowledge... And probably make a lot of friends... Welcome, and enjoy!!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!! Please share your best practices so we can learn from you as well. Have a great day!! And I hope we can hear from you soon..

Latest posts