Guess I'll try again.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Glad it's starting to 'warm' up over by you! I really wanted the snow to get gone here but, two days of high 30's and we're starting to flood :\ Careful what you wish for, I guess!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Whereas we're flooding because of all the rain we've had today! I'm just glad it's not snow!

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well, I've been "on the road" now for about 9 days. I called the farm and they wanted to know who I was and what I wanted?
This going to work thing is getting to be a bad habit.
We're expecting a big blizzard today with what we are told is 4-12" snow fall. O great! Just what I want at the beginning of spring...another blizzard to make the roads miserable for driving.
I was actually giving some consideration to getting my 5th wheel out on the road again. i like living in that much better than a hotel.
I'm told everything on the farm is OK. The dog is having a wonderful time in the warm weather. The cattle are all OK and the chicken is making really big eggs.
The bathroom renovation in the basement is complete now...Hurray.
Now my next trick is to learn to use my plasma cutter so I can make really "COOL" looking things with steel. I am stoked for that...all I need now is some time at home.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Ooo a plasma cutter! Those are cool!
Glad you're doing well. I'll stick with my 60 degree temps here...

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It has been a while since I posted anything here. I've been working so much out of the house that I reallyy haven't had time to tell what is going on...until now.

My "critter count" has risen precipitously; to wit:
8 cattle (unchanged)
19 chickens (18 pullets, 1 hen)
1 llama
4 pigs (2 sows, 2 gelded male piglets)
4 hives of bees
2 to 3 cats depending...
2 dogs...took in a golden retriever who was no longer "wanted".

Then there is the garden. I did a lot of changing in the garden (all yesterday) but have to find a way to transfer the photos to here. Once that happens, you'll see the difference.

For now, all is well. I am trying to follow the Geoff Lawton "Permaculture" processes on my farm as I truly believe that is the way to survive the "coming changes" in our economy and the world.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So difficult to do all that when you are on the road so much as well. I described everything you do to my husband and he just said "Is he hyperactive?" ;)

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OK so I spend 5 nights on the road and I get a call that tells me "oops...I left a gate open and the cows got out...so I got the cows back in but the llama escaped and the dogs spooked him so he ran away". He has been gone ever since. I am devatated.

Needless to say I am fuming to say the least.
Llama has still NOT returned since last Wednesday.

Everyone else is doing well. The pullets are now "out" of their house and in the "general population".

The pigs are doing well. I am told "they are sooo cute!"
The cows are fine. Buttercup seems to lose all her hair to something in the hot weather but it comes back again when it is cold...I don't get that.

Two more nights on the road this week and Sunday on call in another hospital. That is getting tiring.
I need some time off.
Yes, I am hyperactive...couldn't do this if I weren't...
Cheers

Latest posts