Having a rough day today...my heart has shattered

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Cut out coffee??? Tell me her address and I will go over there and bite her too!!

I am also 47 1/2 and no...it hasn't gotten easier.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Morel...hugs and prayers for you! :hugs We've all had those days.... :p

Chocolate, hon....eat some chocolate. :)

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
PMS is a bitch.

The mood swings that come after menopause are a bitch on steroids.

DAMHIK.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hope today is a bit better for you. I can identify with working someplace that needs some cleaning and straightening. It takes a huge toll on just being there doesn't it. Have you had feedback from customers on it or are they all just used to it being that way?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well things got progressively worse...I have been in tears all night. DD called yesterday to blame me because my two year old GD pulled a fit yesterday and started biting herself. So DD (who is the perfect mom of course) called to ask me what I have done to cause this! I couldn't believe this! My DD is a gameplayer, and since the baby has been born she uses her to get what she wants from us. If we try and say anything about my daughters lifestyle she uses the threat that we won't be seeing our GD anymore.
Since GD has been born, daughter has moved three different men in and out of her apartment. They never last lond because DDis very difficult and tempermental and everything has to go her way 24/7. Before the baby was concieved we had given up on DD and basicly were staying away from her until she had her 'growing up time. After GD was born we helped all we ould, furnished an apartment for them, helped with food and bills etc.
At the same time we got upset a few times over things that DD was doing, but we always made sure we were there for the baby. We have been keeping that baby 2 to 3 days a week since she was born. We are very very close to her.
Yesterday Dd pulled her card again...insulting us, screaming at us that we don't love her...:idunno and we told her to 'keep her kid'
had enough! And I have been crying buckets ever since...DD will carry this on for months we are sure. I am crushed. My heart has broken in a million peices and I am very worried about this poor GD of mine who's mother never seems to put first.

Tough love is very very difficult when there is an innocent baby involved

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:hit :hugs I'm so sorry for you all.

Is this a situation where you can get custody of GD? I have a friend who's 22 yr old daughter has a 3 yr old - they both live with her and it sounds like the same routine as your daughter (minus the separate living quarters). When her daughter threatens her with taking GD away, she calmly tells her daugther to go ahead and try - she'll go to the state, win custody of the GD and kick her butt out.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aww, Morel..I am so sorry DD is putting you through this...especially with the PMS thing going. Its hard to be strong when there is an innocent baby involved. Our son did the same thing...they wanted to move back in...again..was like the 4th time. We said NO! DS wont keep a job...so he said...thats fine..we will just get a few boxes and sleep under the bridge..to which I replied...bring the baby here, then you 2 go sleep under the bridge. He hung up, and we didnt hear from them for almost a month. I was beside myself worrying for my grandson. Of course they didn't sleep under a bridge....but they got the message. No more free loading off of us! Be strong...it will work out...GODS WILL.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Morel, I am so sorry that you are going thru this!

Things will turn around, you have a whole lifetime with your sweet GD so even if your DD can hold out for a month or two it is such a short amount of time in the big picture.....plus how long can your DD really hold out without you to lean on? Probably not very long.

Hang in there Hon, we are all here for you. I will be praying for you :hugs

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
glenolam said:
:hit :hugs I'm so sorry for you all.

Is this a situation where you can get custody of GD? I have a friend who's 22 yr old daughter has a 3 yr old - they both live with her and it sounds like the same routine as your daughter (minus the separate living quarters). When her daughter threatens her with taking GD away, she calmly tells her daugther to go ahead and try - she'll go to the state, win custody of the GD and kick her butt out.
I have considered this, but it really helps no one, after all GD is not mine, she is my daughters and although I don't agree with everything that goes on in that home it is not for me to say much unless my GD is in danger or being severely neglected. She is no more neglected than any average kid os a young single mom. This mom just likes to play games with everyone and has been on a pity trip since she was 12. She acts like a spoiled brat and everything has to revolve around herself and her own needs. My family saw this a couple of weeks ago when they were down for the weekend and were quite appalled.
I can only pray that DD grows up one day soon!