Having a rough day today...my heart has shattered

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I keeping repeating these words to myself....'Let go, Let God..." Most often when we step back from a situation it just gives God more room to work ;)
Ohhhhh, but it is soooo hard! And I miss my little Lolaa already! :hit

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Morel...I've never been in this situation, so any advice wouldn't mean a whole lot coming from me, except to be strong & pray for guidance. :hugs

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'm with Dace on this one.....if you were contributing that much help, she won't be able to "go without" for long. Two to three days a week daycare is quite expensive and it sounds like you did a lot of other things too.

Even spoiled brats sometimes realize they need their family. And even spoiled brats grow up eventually.

Regarding the PMS, I had to go on a low sodium diet for other reasons, but found it zapped my PMS symptoms pretty much 100 percent to lower my salt intake. Unfortunately it did not work on menopausal symptoms the same way. But you might try cutting back on sodium especially the week before your worst PMS time.

And chocolate always helps everything.....right? I think an extra supplement is warranted........:D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
I'm with Dace on this one.....if you were contributing that much help, she won't be able to "go without" for long. Two to three days a week daycare is quite expensive and it sounds like you did a lot of other things too.

Even spoiled brats sometimes realize they need their family. And even spoiled brats grow up eventually.

Regarding the PMS, I had to go on a low sodium diet for other reasons, but found it zapped my PMS symptoms pretty much 100 percent to lower my salt intake. Unfortunately it did not work on menopausal symptoms the same way. But you might try cutting back on sodium especially the week before your worst PMS time.

And chocolate always helps everything.....right? I think an extra supplement is warranted........:D
Heehee...I am not a big salt person by nature, I use very little of it actually, but maybe I should try cutting it right out and I might realize I am using more than I think.
I can't eat chocolate either, it has a really weird chemical reaction with my brain...like an ADHD kid...but causes severe anxiety in my case.
I will try the salt intake though...what steps did you take to avoid salt? What did you cut our of your diet? I don't usually salt things when cooking, and use very little as seasoning, usually nothing...except on mashed potatoes with butter salt and pepper..............oh wait..........I DO use ALOT of salted butter on everything. Maybe I will start buying unsalted
Thanks!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Well I was supposed to stay under 1,000 mg daily which is very low and an extreme goal. Nowadays they have me staying under 2,000 which is much more do-able. But you'd be surprised. Certain foods can blow your whole day quickly. I mentally count each thing each day and run a tally in my brain because I've been doing this 20 years. Read some labels. One can of packaged soup can be over 1,000 mg of salt in one meal.

However, Id break it down this way:

Do not eat list: pizza, pickles, chips, popcorn, bacon, ham, hot dogs, jerky, salted nuts, pepperoni, chinese food or asian dishes with soy sause, most prepared soups and spagetti sause and lasagna, and french fries.
If you DO have any of these foods, have a small portion and limit your sodium intake the rest of the day more strictly. I order fries in restaurants unsalted and they come hotter and fresher.

Have sparingly: cheese, breads (esp certain ones), bagels, meats, ketsup, mayonaise, some spice mixes, most ethnic foods, prepared foods or restaurant foods.

Buy unsalted products when you can, such as unsalted butter and many products in the store come with an unsalted or less salted variety, such as crackers, cheese and spice mixes. I started on my make-at-home kick because I had to avoid many prepared foods that just are highly salted because the typical Amercian palate enjoys that sodium flavor. Even things like some cookies are baked with quite a bit of salt.

When I prepare recipes, I generally cut the sodium by at LEAST half, sometimes down to 1/4. When I use pre-packaged products, I often won't use the whole spice packet (such as with Rice-a-Roni), I just use half, and add some Mrs. Dash or garlic or something else to boost the flavor.

I actually have a lot more low sodium ideas but that should be an excellent start. I'm not sure how you currently cook and eat so I could have more suggestons for you with more info.

Sorry about the chocolate suggestion.....I didn't know you couldn't have that. But perhaps you have a different non-salty comfort food you can turn to....

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yikes! I never looked into low sodium before so this idea is very new to me....but I have quickly learned that I eat alot of salt!
I am not a junk food eater, so the chips and stuff are no problem...but use soy sauce alot on rice and in gravies and sauces.
Spag sauce occasionally.
Ketchup rarely
Bagels, breads and mixed spices are a staple here:)
Okay you got me...i am looking into this more

Thanks so much for the eye opener!!!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ok all you PMSers out there...

Go take some Vit B6. Helps relieve excess water on the brain, the cause of many "crazies."

Do what is right to do, better to keep silent than to have to apologize for bad behavior later.

Go out of your way to be nice to those you love, or even better be nice to those that annony you the most.

And if that doesn't work...

Eat some chocolate!

EatingChoc.gif

Sorry to those not able to eat chocolate...
BigSmile2.gif

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
Ok all you PMSers out there...

Go take some Vit B6. Helps relieve excess water on the brain, the cause of many "crazies."

Do what is right to do, better to keep silent than to have to apologize for bad behavior later.

Go out of your way to be nice to those you love, or even better be nice to those that annony you the most.

And if that doesn't work...

Eat some chocolate!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/2011/2011 Food/EatingChoc.gif
LoL...what I said to my daughter was coming long before the PMS did...in fact the last time she played that card I told her that if she ever played it again she would have this very consequence. She just managed to pull the card on a day that I was cocked and ready to fire, no holds barred.
So basicly, the PMS just helped me keep my word ;)
But it is proving to be very very hard on the emotions

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've learned I have a certain day where I'm irritable. I just start out making apologies and asking everyone to just stay clear. Even hubby knows I love when he always touches me unless I put up the red flag. That one day, dont touch me. I needs my space. I say it kindly and they have learned to respect it. I dont rip anyones head off and they know its not personal, its just mamas cranky day. :hide :hu

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'm too old now for PMS, but one of the things I noted about it was this.

It made ME more willing to say how I felt and less willing to put up with things that had been bugging me or needling me. So PMS time would be when the straw would usually break the camel's back, so to speak.

I tend to be a little too emotional so I don't really need those straws......but I hope things improve for you. If you see many of "your" foods on my list, just try eating LESS of them as a start. Your taste buds develop over time and after awhile salty things do not taste good anymore. I had to cold-turkey with sodium but my Hubby has gradually acquired a taste for low sodium food over the years, just being exposed to my cooking so long.

He can still eat things like pepperoni though. To me, that tastes :sick like licking a salt shaker or something.