Having trouble uploading pics.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have a link to the picture? It is really hard to troubleshoot without an example to duplicate what you're doing.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
herbsherbsflowers said:
Well,

What I did was I went to my photobucket account. I resized the picture so that it would be right for the avatar. I saved it to my album. I clicked on the picture and chose the link that has IMG in front and back that is supposed to be used for forums and such. I copied it and pasted it into the browse space in the upload avatar place on the personality page on my profile. Then I clicked upload and nothing happens. It just sits there and stares at me and does nothing. I've done this before on BYC and never had a problem. Well, at first I did but I figured it out pretty quickly.
I uploaded it from my computer for you, no problem. It might have been a Photobucket problem.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
oohh.. good job! How'd you do it???

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
herbsherbsflowers sent me the link to her picture, I downloaded it to my computer (via right click, file, save image as), then uploaded it from there. No resizing or fiddling required other than to look at it for size. That's why I thought it was a Photobucket problem, take Photobucket out of the loop and it works fine. I really dislike those photo hosting sites, people seem to have lots of problems with them. That's why I host my own photos on my webspace.

herbsherbsflowers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I just got a new computer and have not moved my pictures over from the old computer to the new computer. So, I knew the picture I wanted was on the photobucket site, and thought that would be easy. Thanks for making it work,