Heart Health / Diet Question(s) - Update Pg 7

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
hmmm soybean oil is bad, right?

I loaded up my lunch salad with dressing and then read the label. 1st ingredient - soybean oil.

:hide

Is bad fat better than low fat?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
anything soy is bad.

*hugs*

Booker's idea is awesome. just exchange the fats so you want have any more exactly.... just healthier ones :)

i think it is awesome you are finding a way around this to feel better and not risk your health.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was going to say, which I think is what you're saying; if lithium is fat soluble, raise your fats so you can take lower doses of lithium. However those lower doses are more readily available.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MsPony said:
I was going to say, which I think is what you're saying; if lithium is fat soluble, raise your fats so you can take lower doses of lithium. However those lower doses are more readily available.
Yup :cool: If I was on a high dose of lithium and THEN went on high-fat I would have a problem.

peachykeen

Power Conserver
Reaction score
tortoise said:
hmmm soybean oil is bad, right?

I loaded up my lunch salad with dressing and then read the label. 1st ingredient - soybean oil.

:hide

Is bad fat better than low fat?
Great and easy salad dressing is ACV vinegar and EVOO mixed together with some sea salt and perhaps some garlic.

I won't buy dressings from the store anymore but I really miss ranch dressing, I've always been a creamy dressing type of gal.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had an apple and cheese cubes while cooking dinner. Had BBQ ribs, some leftover chicken casserole, and a little homemade mac-n-cheese.

Cheese + pork fat. And skipping the fudgey brownies for dessert. I almost caved ... but then flipped to watching "Heavy". I'll settle for a glass of water. Or maybe sitting here and just "feeling" hungry - getting used to it and accepting it. I think it will help me make better food choices.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Or do single serve, its totally satisfying!! I know its bad, trying to find a healthy recipe, but I use no pudge fudge brownies w/ a scoop of TJs jo jos ice cream, in a mug :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I had an apple and cheese cubes while cooking dinner. Had BBQ ribs, some leftover chicken casserole, and a little homemade mac-n-cheese.

Cheese + pork fat. And skipping the fudgey brownies for dessert. I almost caved ... but then flipped to watching "Heavy". I'll settle for a glass of water. Or maybe sitting here and just "feeling" hungry - getting used to it and accepting it. I think it will help me make better food choices.
Go make my black bean cake. Full good fat, high protein and honey for sweetner. Can't get better then that.
We eat with real cream for frosting :drool
It really does not count as a desert.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
That black bean cake is amazing. No one knew it was flour-free when I tested it with my family last year. We like it with berries, but cream would be lovely! I'll have to skim some goat cream and set it aside for a few days. Yum!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I made one that was ok, but it needs some tweaking. But yeah, you can't tell there is not flour and it is tasty.

Latest posts