Heart Health / Diet Question(s) - Update Pg 7

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Yeh. Having meds in there makes it trickier. For me, you can say "tweak it and see how you feel in a few weeks".... And that's that.

I'm about to go on another 3 mile walk :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I did!! Muchly sunshine.

*happy sighs*

Now I can settle in for sewing. *blasts the music*

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been having a little bit of medial ligament pain in my knees. .... Finally figured out it isn't from walking/running. It is from sitting crosslegged on the couch with my computer. :he Less time online and more sitting normally. Or just less time sitting.

*whew*

One weird thing is I have carpal tunnel (wrist) pain while jogging or runnng. Not before, after exercise or while walking. Not sure what that is all about?!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I've been having a little bit of medial ligament pain in my knees. .... Finally figured out it isn't from walking/running. It is from sitting crosslegged on the couch with my computer. :he Less time online and more sitting normally. Or just less time sitting.

*whew*

One weird thing is I have carpal tunnel (wrist) pain while jogging or runnng. Not before, after exercise or while walking. Not sure what that is all about?!
Might need to raise your arms every once in a while, during exercise. Blood may be pooling down in your wrists/hands. It happens to me too.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I think you're right BBH. :)

I got a letter from my Dr. saying my bloodwork was normal, but no details. I need to call and request it. *ugh*

I'm hanging out at 1,200 cals/day.

I got spoiled on a weekend trip. Warm hotel room, warm pool, warm day of shopping indoors at Mall of America.

Come home to 58 degrees. Yuck. I feel cold! Yesterday I upped my calories to see if that would help with the cold/sluggish. It did not. Exercise did.

I am seriously lacking in exercise. I've been working my tail off (not literally) with coding a website, portraits, and getting ready for the book illustration gig.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I'm about to redo my diet a bit. Mostly get stricter LOL. I let my mild seizure days go due to a bit too high on carbs cuz I'm working at home.

That won't do.

*sighs*

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Yesterday I got another letter from my Dr. saying my lithium levels are at therapeutic levels. Sweet! I'm at a very low dose that my Dr. told me would not be therapeutic.

I have not had any bipolar symptoms (or symptoms of my various other mental health diagnoses) for 15 days. That's the longest I can remember since 1998. Maybe even longer but I don't remember it clearly.

The true test is right now. My fiance is gone on a 5-day business trip. In the past, if I lived alone, I would self-destruct. Just completely fall apart. It was messed up in less than 24 hours, I would usually have to call my parents had have them come up and help me cook/clean.

This is the 3rd day he has been gone and I am totally fine. Happy because I got contacts (hate my old glasses!) and happy to be normal.

Stability does wonders for trying to make healthy choices. I fell off with going on a weekend trip and not making good choices for a couple days afterward. I was scared to get on the scale this morning and I was surprised that I had only gained 1 pound.

I got out for a walk/run this morning. Yikes! It was way too cold for me. I haven't been counting calries closely, I know I've been over 1,200.

I'm thinking about gluten-free. My parents have been gluten-free for maybe 2 years now? So it's not intimidating. Just so inconvienient!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine not having a sandwich or pizza on one of those days that I'm not up to cooking.

My fiance will never go gluten-free. He may not notice if I do. I've been scaling down pasta, skipping potatoes :hit , and trying to not eat breads, switching to thin crust pizza. Right now, my motivation is cutting calories.

I think the biggest obstacle is finding a replacement for a sandwich. Burger is easy - don't eat the bread. But sandwiches? not sure about that.