Heart Health / Diet Question(s) - Update Pg 7

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
tortoise said:
It's hard to imagine not having a sandwich or pizza on one of those days that I'm not up to cooking.

My fiance will never go gluten-free. He may not notice if I do. I've been scaling down pasta, skipping potatoes :hit , and trying to not eat breads, switching to thin crust pizza. Right now, my motivation is cutting calories.

I think the biggest obstacle is finding a replacement for a sandwich. Burger is easy - don't eat the bread. But sandwiches? not sure about that.
If you cut out gluten containing grains, you may find that you will not need to cut your calories so much.

Here is a pizza tip for no cook days.
You can either make up several GF crusts, partially cook them and then freeze, or, buy some Masa Harina ( not regular cornmeal) and just make extra large tortillas. Freeze after frying.
Then just pull one out, throw on the toppings, and into the oven!

One bread that is actually good tasting if you really want a sandwich for days you are out, is Udi's brand.
The price of the bread will help restrict you ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I make lettuce wraps a lot. Also, for things like chicken salad, tuna, etc... just put your spread on a thin slice of jicama. Mmmmmm!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I can tell it's time to eat because my hands are turning gray and I'm all gooosebumply.

:lol: :rolleyes: :lol:

So I had some (gluten-free) chocolate pudding. :gig

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I don't miss sandwiches at all--never liked them, (bagels and english muffins a different story, but...)I just eat chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad with a fork instead of with bread. If I am in the mood for ham, I just spread goat cheese or cream cheese ont he ham and roll it up, sometimes with a dill pickle slice in the middle. for pizza, I have made a ground flax seed crust before, a shredded zuchini crust-- there are different gf things you can do for crusts.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
There are gluten free breads. Any chance you can eat them?

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Udis bread is B O M B! Especially pan fried in a smidge butter topped with local sage honey *drool*

Btw congrats on your mental health symptoms being gone!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have no more excuses. It's been another week with no symptoms. (Besides for medication side effects which I'm aware of, but are not bothersome.)

I have no reason for not keeping the house up a better - we've had a little chaos that I should be recovered from.

I have no excuse for not exercising more. I have no excuse for not losing weight. No excuse for not folding the laundry. For too much time online. For too much time sitting.

I have no excuses left to stop me from getting healthy!