hehe, national weather

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm watching the news, and the weather across the nation was freezing, ice, snow and rain.

EXCEPT for the little coastal strip where Dace, Tanks Hill and I all live which was "SUNNY".

:gig Now, why do I want to move away again??

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
don't forget me down in the warm/sunny GA - 'course, it's not all that warm today, but compared to everybody else, well - it prolly looks like summer

:duc shutting up now before I get :smack

I loves ya all, really I do ;)

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ohh really?? It said ice, I was a little surprised!

Total early spring for us since January.

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
MsPony

LOL! Which coast are you on? I'm south of Charleston, SC about 10-15 miles inland. Got up to 70F yesterday, only 50F today and rain possible later. :hide

However, come summer, with the heat and humidity? I'll be begging for mercy! :rolleyes:

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I live on the southern central coast of California :)

Although I found their weather map funny, this is why I don't trust news! You guys are having good weather too :)

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ranchhand said:
MsPony

LOL! Which coast are you on? I'm south of Charleston, SC about 10-15 miles inland. Got up to 70F yesterday, only 50F today and rain possible later. :hide

However, come summer, with the heat and humidity? I'll be begging for mercy! :rolleyes:
ditto that! I tell newcomers you never get used to humidity, but you do get used to dealing with it :tongue

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It' all relative....

My son went out this morning and found frost on the clover in the lawn.. He was very excited. I know the sun is shining and we are very fortunate to be getting up to the high 60's today. But in the house I am chilled and wearing a sweater. :hide

Why do I want to leave CA??? Oh don't get me started on that. :barnie

:D

ranchhand

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
ranchhand said:
MsPony

ditto that! I tell newcomers you never get used to humidity, but you do get used to dealing with it :tongue
Might as well grow gills, we spend so much time walking through water! :th

I deal with it- it's a method called air conditioning! I can live without heat, just pile on more clothes or another dog on the bed. But living without cool air? Uhm..... you can only remove so much clothing before the police show up or the neighbors run screaming, covering their children's eyes! Or DNR gets a call about a beached whale.............:p

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Haha I lived in the wrong part of Cali. In the mountains, snowed Ina LOT. It was kinda funny driving down to the sunny, warm valley with a TON of snow on the vehicle. ;)

So I moved back south. And now? Below zero wind chill, and that was when there was barely a breeze! It's supposed to snow more later today and the wind pick up. It's bitter out there.

Last weekend it was OVER 70 and SUNNY!!!! Ah, the good old days.

And I'll be begging for mercy this summer too with weeks of temps over 105 and 110% humidity.

I think I shoulda just moved to the valley. But wait, no jobs there either, and land about a million dollars an acre ... And it won't grow anything anyway unless you want a $500 water bill all summer ... Sigh.

Ok, I AM satisfied. I love where I live. (Note to self: just keep repeating that ...
:fl :rolleyes: :D