Heirloom seeds exchange thread

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Anna, I don't have anything left that could help you out but I'm sure someone here will be along to chime in soon!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
This is what I have. All are heirloom. I am looking for
Basils
Cilantros

WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER

Beans:
Cini Beans- brought over from Forno di Zoldo, Italy by my g-great grandfather in 1887
Blue Lake
Contender
Royalty Purple
Chinese Red Noodle
Roma II
Black Valentine

Soybean:
Envy

Beets:
Bulls Blood

Broccoli:
Calabrese
Di Cicco

Brussels Sprouts:
LI Improved
Catskill

Cabbage:
Brunswick

Carrots:
Atomic Red
Danvers Long
Scarlet Nantes

Celery & Celeriac:
Tendercrisp
Giant Prague

Chicory:
Witloof
Castel Franco
Rossa di Treviso

Cucumbers:
Bishop Solly Beiller
Delikatesse
Snows Fancy
Marketmore

Eggplant:
Rosa Bianca

Greens:
Extra Dwarf Pac Choy
White Stem Bok Choy
Arugala

Kale:
Blue Dwarf

Kohlrabi:
Superschmelz

Lettuce:
Butter Crunch
Black Seeded Simpson
Tom Thumb
Sanguine Ameliore

Onion:
Bunching Guardsmen
Early Bunch
Bianca Di Maggio
Flat of Italy

Peas:
World Record
Cascadia
Laxtons Progress

Pepper:
Italian Pepperoncini
Corno di Toro Rosso
Sweet Chocolate

Radish:
White Icicle
Cherry Belle
German Giant
Munchener Bier

Spinach:

Squash:
Table Queen Bush
Patisson Strie Melange
N. E. Sugar Pie
Ronde di Nice
Bush Buttercup
Sweet Dumpling
Marina di Chiogga
Winter Luxury Pie

Swiss Chard:
Rhubarb
Giant Lucullus

Tomato:
Black Mauri
Mt. Princess
Reisetomate
Reisentraube
Violet jasper
Hendersons Pink Ponderosa
Sungold Select II
Ananas Noire
Amish Paste
Snowberry
Yellow Pear
Chadwick Cherry
Thessalonoki
Roma
Sugar Sweetie
Break-o-day
Black Cherry

Tomotillo:
Purple

Flowers:

Poppies:
Black Peony
Hungarian Blue Breadseed
Lilac Pompom

Love-in-the-Mist
Bachelors Buttons
Dahlia
Salvia
Scabiosa
Nasturtium
Snapdragon
Zinnia
Stokes Aster
Stella dOrro Lilly
Purple Coneflower

I also have Sunchoke tubers available when I can get them out of the ground.

That took forever to type.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Wow, what a long list! You sure know what you want.

I have blue love in the mist growing here and could collect you some seeds this year if you remind me. I did not collect any last year as it self sows so well. That flower gets a lot of comment! At my last home I had a huge patch of it where it self sowed one year and I had an argument with a neighbor about it. He said my "weeds" were taking over and I said that is a FLOWER and he had to eat his words later when it bloomed. It makes an interesting cut flower later, but it does look a little like a weed at first!
Mine are an heirloom variety I got from Fort Vancouver educational garden.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Savingdogs, I have way more pumpkin seeds than I could plant in a lifetime. HOWEVER, they are not necessarily heirloom. Some are organic. Others, no clue. If want them let me know. I would be happy to send some to you so they don't go to waste.

Shilo, I have quite a few things on your wish list. Some are heirloom, some organic and others not sure...LOL. I do have dutch bantam sweet corn, which is heirloom, and I also have black oil sunflower seeds. Like I told savingdogs, WAY more than I could ever plant. Let me know if you would like me to send some your way.

That reminds me, it is also time for me to put together a couple of donation bags for churches doing food ministries. Something to keep in mind if you have a seed surplus. Quite a few churches in my area stated doing this when the economy went South. So don't let those seeds go to waste people. Call or ask around. I have also given away seeds on freecycle.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Wow, what a long list! You sure know what you want.

I have blue love in the mist growing here and could collect you some seeds this year if you remind me. I did not collect any last year as it self sows so well. That flower gets a lot of comment! At my last home I had a huge patch of it where it self sowed one year and I had an argument with a neighbor about it. He said my "weeds" were taking over and I said that is a FLOWER and he had to eat his words later when it bloomed. It makes an interesting cut flower later, but it does look a little like a weed at first!
Hee hee,
Left out an important part.
Check out my previous post. I edited it. Thanks

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Damu, I will check my seeds and see if my cilantro is heirloom or not.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
That reminds me ... I also have a "weed" like that that I can share this year if anyone is interested. My husband kept mowing them down because he thought they were "horse weeds', but they are lovely in bloom and TOUGH. (at least in Missouri)

My "weed" is called Linaria vulgaris by folks who know. Grandma Nettie always called them Butter n' Eggs and I have heard them called Toadflax. They are about 18 - 24 inches tall and bloom from early summer to frost. Once established they self seed AND spread by runners. I got my start from Grandma Nettie, who got HER start from her Grandma.

I never see these grown and they are supposed to be a native wildflower. If you would like some seed let me know and then remind me this summer and I will be VERY happy to share some. :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I think they are really a ditch flower, but when you civilize them into a real flower bed they are outstanding.

You can achieve almost continual bloom all summer long if you keep them deadheaded, which I used to do using a hedge trimmer.