Reaction score
Damummis said:
This is what I have. All are heirloom. I am looking for
Basils
Cilantros

WHAT I HAVE TO OFFER
I would LOVE a few seeds (like 6) of each of the following:

Beans:
Cini Beans- brought over from Forno di Zoldo, Italy by my g-great grandfather in 1887

Chicory:

Witloof
Castel Franco
Rossa di Treviso

Pepper:
Italian Pepperoncini
Corno di Toro Rosso

Tomato:

Amish Paste
Thessalonoki
Roma

Did I mention my DH is Italian (from Bologna)? Witloof chicory is what you use to make puntarelle! And getting good Italian peppers is really hard. But that's what you need to make real spaghetti AOP.

Let me know what I can share with you (or what I can pay)? I don't have anything in the garden yet unfortunately - I'm just starting out this year.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Damu, I will check my seeds and see if my cilantro is heirloom or not.
Cool. I can't believe I don't have any.

chickiemama

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm looking for pretty much anything! :D I don't have anything to trade, but would be willing to sew an apron or two!!

(I can also pay ;) )

I would love to have:

Cucumbers
Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
Sunflowers
Watermelon
Onions
Any Herbs

Pretty much anything except corn...corn hates me. Really hates me. I can't get it to grow above 6 inches.

I live in Zone 7b/8a according to the NGA.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I'm getting this thread up again as I go through my seeds and my catalog and make my list....

Let's make it easier to find what everyone has and wants by bolding your seed choices, and always go back to update your earliest post with what you have and what you are looking for, ok? Take things off your list as you acquire them, etc. Go back to your original post to add things you'd like to have...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I was interrupted while posting yesterday, so here is the start of my list:

Wants:

6-8 zucchini seeds

6-8 jalapeno

6-8 cayenne

A very partial list of what I have to offer (haven't gone through my bag of seeds from last year yet, so these are "packed/picked in 2010 seeds"):

wormwood

Ooops, I realized that my saved seeds need to go on the non-heirloom thread! I'm an heirloom and seed-saving newbie! I will be purchasing some more packets from Comstocke/Baker's Creek over the next couple of weeks, whenever dh has time to stop on his way home from work. I'll have lettuce and cukes to share for sure.

I'll add the above list to my first post to make it easier to find.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have some heirloom Rosemary(25 seeds) and English Thyme(100 seeds)still packaged,packed in 2011,..they are extras from an order I made to Heirloom Seeds. I would really like to trade them for something,...if anyone is interested,..PM me. :D Thanks!!!

dipence71

Got the t-shirt
Reaction score
I am a newbie to heirloom seeds. I have always just gone to the farm store and gotten seed and plants and would love to get into heirloom non gmo.

obviously have nothing to trade seed wise, but do have fresh fertilized eggs from my ladies in my back yard(buff orpington, and easter egger once they start laying. And if you are close enough baby bunnys once I get them breeding again.

willing to purchase if can afford what price you are asking.

Wanted: anything really
would like to grow amaranth ect for chickens/rabbits

I have Celiac Diseaseso I am gluten free so nothing like wheat or anything with gluten like barley ect.

have grown in the past but want to expand my garden and do non gmo heirloom:
corn
tomato, cherry tomato
broccoli
cabbage
carrots
zucchini
cukes pickle and eating
onions
radish
lettuce
bush beans
pumpkin
watermelon
cantaloupe
sugar snap peas
sweet bell peppers all colors
spinach
ect ect

any advice on how to get started or tips and tricks are appreciated.
also dumb ? but how do you save seeds from year to year. PM and emails welcome.

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have:

Alfalfa seed - old enough it is non-gmo, works for sowing forage. This is sprouting seed that was nitro-packed in a mylar bag and then sealed in a bucket. Germination rate is about 30%, so you can still get good sown alfalfa from it, but not sprouts (too many non-viable seeds for that). I can provide a limited number of 1/4 lb bags (sows a fairly nice patch), just keep the germination rate in mind when sowing.

4 Seasons Red Leaf Lettuce - 3/4 of a package, high germination rate, we used it through the winter.

I need:

Just about everything, for southern climate, plus winter gardening. Especially need greens for myself and animals.

We are getting a late start this year, because I can't order seed until we move. Sigh.