Hello from Michigan

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you, flowerbug! ♡

Our summer cabin is in St Helen. We have 10 acres, in a 2500 acre, deep-woods community. Our idea of heaven. It's not accessible in the winter. Well... it  maybe could be, with a snowmobile. Just outside of our gated woods-community is a small, beautiful lake. I'd honestly live up there, if I could
8478ED1F-195C-4156-947F-70227DA8420A.jpeg

In the 70’s, when I was in 2nd through 6th grade, my Dad owned the Gulf station on the right there. (This view is facing south.) Of course, this photo is much older than that.

I haven’t been to St. Helen in over 30 years, but my brother visits a friend of his there regularly.

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
View attachment 22516
In the 70’s, when I was in 2nd through 6th grade, my Dad owned the Gulf station on the right there. (This view is facing south.) Of course, this photo is much older than that.

I haven’t been to St. Helen in over 30 years, but my brother visits a friend of his there regularly.
Oh wow! Very cool! Thank you for sharing. Yup - it's changed, a little. And.... we're the same age, you and I

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome Welcome Sammster from SW Michigan. I might know you from BYC. Of not June 17th is the Michigan get together. It's lots of fun. Here the seed swap will be in February. I forgot the day but @flowerbug will post it.

Sammster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome Welcome Sammster from SW Michigan. I might know you from BYC. Of not June 17th is the Michigan get together. It's lots of fun. Here the seed swap will be in February. I forgot the day but @flowerbug will post it.
Oh, yes. The member with the beautiful avatar ♡
Thank you for the welcome!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning! I'm migrating over from Backyard Chickens. I am not a homesteader, but I live a simple life, and wish to learn more self-sustaining methods. We live in the burbs of SE Michigan, but also have a cabin in mid-Michigan.

We've always kept a small garden. I am new to canning, freeze-drying and bread making. We 2 golden retrievers, 9 hens, 1 parakeet, 1 canary and 1 bossy cockatoo. We have 3 grown sons and 1 grandson. I am an artist ~ painting and glass.

I'm excited to learn about this site! There's so much to learn!
Welcome you to SS 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Latest posts