Hello from WA

HappyHomestead

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Yea, glad to find you guys :) I've been so interested in self sufficiency for years, and am slowly moving toward it with the good natured tolerance of my husband. I have a vegetable garden and just got chickens. We make a lot of stuff and live fairly simply. Never a dull moment though - especially with animals :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
It all starts with chickens--goats will be next :D If your hubby is anything like mine, he will object at first, but will soon get into the hole swing of things. As I told him--RESISTANCE IS FUTILE :D

Enjoy the site!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh yes, the people here will lure you over to the dark side LOL.

We are thinking our next animal(s) will be bees. I'm still waivering between goats and sheep so the bees my be our next move. I have family that has each, but no one that has them is local. There is a guy just a few houses down that has bees though. sigh. Decisions decisions.

I really like it here though. The people are very helpful, and you get the big added benefit of getting valuable input from people you may not get along with IRL.

Are cooperating hubby's wonderful?!

Welcome!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Hehe :welcome we don't REALLY lure folks to any "dark side" or anything like that ;) Well..not often, most new folks kick and scream for a while so I wouldn't exactly call that "luring"...maybe dragging or strong arming :lol:

HappyHomestead

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
No luring necessary for me ;) Oh, I want bees too! And cashmere goats, and a couple dexter cows. And more chickens - lots of chickens.

You guys are my kind of people :)

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome

Yes, it definetely starts with the chickens and innocent vegetable garden and then promptly explodes goats, bees and various other fun things all over the place. ;) Gotta love it!!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome

Hiya neighbor! I'm in the Tacoma area, how about you? There are a few here from the Pacific Northwest!