Hello!

Madhouse Pullet

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)
You will like it here. We are great enablers. Thanks to SS, I bought a Family Grain Mill, I can now make flour or cornmeal. Freshly milled whole wheat makes yummy bread and growing the corn, then making the cornmeal for cornbread is beyond awesome.

I also bought an All American pressure canner, had never heard of that brand. It is the only pressure canner made in America. It is a thick, heavy, finely machined and crafted piece of equipment. I named mine The Beast. I love The Beast! I canned for nearly 40 years with a canner that I was not wild about, sure wish I had found out about the All American sooner!

My dehydrator is a 9 tray Excalibur, WAAAAY better than the cheapo Walmart thing I did have. I can load it up with 50-ish sliced tomatoes for dehydrated tomatoes. They are great in winter salads or for snacks.

SS is a great site, there is so much to learn!
Wow! I knew you did a lot but my goodness Baymule, that's amazing and inspiring. I grew up in the city, always dreamed of living in the country with a couple cows and some chickens. DH supports my dreams but knowing me, he's more like "ok sweetheart. Whatever you say." Hahaha
Hopefully with researching over time, and getting a job, I'll be ready to take on all my crazy dreams.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Wow! I knew you did a lot but my goodness Baymule, that's amazing and inspiring. I grew up in the city, always dreamed of living in the country with a couple cows and some chickens. DH supports my dreams but knowing me, he's more like "ok sweetheart. Whatever you say." Hahaha
Hopefully with researching over time, and getting a job, I'll be ready to take on all my crazy dreams.
I grew up in the city too, Houston, as a matter of fact. My grandparents had 40 acres they were building a house on to retire to and I went with them almost every weekend. I knew I didn't belong in a big city!
You can have your dream! Drag that man along with you, he loves you and he'll support your crazy dreams!

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hahaha :frow nice to see a familiar name :p

Hey there! The weather is warming up to 69° so I'm happy to be outside working :D need to grow grass for the chickens but they devour everything in their path. Never thought a couple of hens could pull a plant from its roots :lol:
I swear those feathered ladies start from the root up.

My poor blueberry plant has been almost destroyed and what grass, I must have imagined seeding my back garden.

Last edited:

Madhouse Pullet

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I swear those featured ladies start from the root up.

My poor blueberry plant has been almost destroyed and what grass, I must have imagined seeding my back garden.
Oh no, the poor blueberries! That reminds me, I need to block them from the roots for the grapes.