Help, PLEEEEZE!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Value Village is pronounced Value Vill-lodge. It sounds French that way.

I myself hate to go shopping too! It puts me in a foul mood. I hate cleaning up and I hate spending money!!

I do, however, get a perverse thrill from finding an awesome deal at a thrift shop and spending $.29 on it when it was $29.00 new!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I do, however, get a perverse thrill from finding an awesome deal at a thrift shop and spending $.29 on it when it was $29.00 new!
We're all pervents in one way or another, aren't we BBH?
:lol:

:welcome TheWife!!

Its pertty obvious that you'll fit in great! Have fun!

Thewife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
big brown horse said:
We're all pervents in one way or another, aren't we BBH?
:lol:

:welcome TheWife!!

Its pertty obvious that you'll fit in great! Have fun!
Great, doesn that mean I am now a wicked perv?

Thanks for the welcomes Blackbird!
Got a call tonight from a guy that might want to buy our old hay baler for just about what we paid for our "new to us" baler"!
I might be able to pay this months bills!
I'm in too good of a mood not to have fun!
Think I will take the kids for a swim!(I mean my dogs, the kids are grown, if they want to swim that's their problem!)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thewife said:
Hi Frosting!
(You posted while I was!)

If I just put my hair in a pony tail, I have to check to see how dirty my neck is!
Around here, seeing people in poo covered barn boots used to be pretty common! Now that the area has grown, it's just plain fun to watch the people TRY to avoid touching my dirty rig in the parking lots!
Mom taught me to use pectin to make jam. If I was to get energetic, I could head to the coast and get my Squeezo from a friend that has it and make some blackberry jam!
But then we are back to the combing my hair thing!
Nice to see you on the boards, Thewife! Love your posts! :D

I am running my truck with brown splattered all down the tail gate and over the license plate on purpose! I've gotten so many snide comments on it, even in this farming community, that I've decided to not wash it out of sheer defiance! :lol: I guess folks think a woman ought to at least wash the crap off her truck before driving about town....it seems to be okay for guys. :rolleyes:

Nope! And I'm with you....don't like to get out of my workin' clothes or "fix" my hair for a trip to town or the feed store. My home attire is old, paint stained shorts, men's Ts and leather sandals or antique tennis shoes. In the winter I just add sweat pants and a flannel shirt, muck boots and I'm good to go!

Thewife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi Bekissed thanks for the welcome!

Yep, men can drive dirty trucks, run chainsaws and hunt! If us wimmin folk do it, we're weird!
When Hubby first moved in, he tried to keep his rig clean! It didn't take him long to give up! A half mile of gravel county road, a half mile of dirt driveway and when I have the back 80 shut off, your only choice is heavy gates or through the barnyard!
When the rains come, and I am too lazy to fix the damage I cause to the driveway, while scrapping the slab, the barnyard gets pretty ugly! Works well for me, if someone don't want open the heavy gates or drive through the barnyard to see me, I probably don't want to see them anyway!

I wear my sweats(and maybe my Pjs if I forget to warm up my sweats by the wood stove) under my camo in the winter, nice and toasty!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Thewife said:
Goodwill, Value village, Lowes, Cabelas bargin cave, and anywhere that sells tools or machines!
I love Cabela's bargin cave. My favorite place to shop....well, there and Harbour Freights cheap tools.

Thewife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hey 2dream, or anybody else! Have you ever checked out the Cables meat grinders in the bargin cave?
Hubby and I butcher our own deer, but have to take it to the shop to get the burger made. We have "talked" about getting a grinder, but don't know much about brands or how much power is really needed to do a good job!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Harbour Freight is where I do my christmas shopping :lol: One for me, one for you, one for me, one for my daughter, one for me....

Thewife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
Harbour Freight is where I do my christmas shopping :lol: One for me, one for you, one for me, one for my daughter, one for me....
Hubby and I can no longer go christmas shopping at Harbour freight, Cabelas, or any other place that sells tools or sporting goods!
We have a little habit of telling eah other "just get it, it will be your Christmas present!".
I just know the day is coming when the kids will open their perfectly wrapped gift, only to find an IOU!

Thewife

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi folks, me again!

My boy has been bugging me to get on here and ask about his blueberries!
The bushes are producing pretty good and he wants me to make some jam!
I always picked what was ripe, squished them up and froze them! Then when I was in the mood to make jam, I would make it!

He claims feezing them messes with the flavor?

What do you think?