Help what do I do with all this zucchini ?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
image.jpg
Look hard and you can see a little bit of zucchini! They are really tasty!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The brownie is THE perfect accompaniment with coffee this morning! About 10 seconds in the microwave on low power and it's perfect!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It looks yum! I think if, or I should rather say WHEN I try this recipe, I'm going to try your version FEM.

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't have the recipe, sorry, but my brother was absolutely positive there was no way EVER that he would touch zucchini. So my sister took that as a challenge and made zucchini pie, and just didn't tell him what it was until he told everyone how good it was. :)

I love to saute a small amt of butter, a little garlic and onion in a pan and add cubed zucchini (I keep the skin on), and tomatoes. I add a little Italian spices and cover. cook on med-low until the zucchini slides off a fork. (sometimes I'll also cube and add yellow squash). You can sprinkle with parmesan cheese if you want when you serve it.

When I have too much zucchini, I shred it into 3 cup Ziploc bags, and freeze it. That's enough for me to make zucchini bread any time of the year. (I often use Mini loaves and give small loaves of fresh bread to elderly friends and neighbors who can't cook it for themselves any more.)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
When you get those oversized ones, cut in half lengthwise, scrape the seeds & throw to chickens. Stuff the hollow area & bake. I use rice, breadcrumbs, crumbled sausage or beef, onion, garlic, tomato, cheese, seasonings .... leftovers, anything! You get the picture. Makes a nice meal.

Then, sometimes you just pick and throw to chickens or pigs!
:p

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I've been slicing and shredding before freezing portions for winter. Who says you need to use it all right now
Exactly right! And it's still quite versatile after freezing, though not quite as nice as freshly picked. I used to grate and freeze surplus for baking later. Lovely in winter when I cannot buy or pick any fresh :)