Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Pictures please? If they're handy. I'll do a search here and on BYH in a couple of minutes. I have to go TSC anyway, I need chicken food.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No pictures of it handy, can get one today if the light doesn't escape me before I think about it. Well, I've been searching and maybe I'm just thinking its Free. :hu I could have sworn I saw the pictures on here or one of the sister sites. Free, am I imagining things, again? :lol:

Anyways, the lid is outside the fence, the hay between the lid & the fence, so the fence is between the hay & the goats, they just pull it through the fence. I jsut used a couple of the black, hook end bungee cords to hold it to the fence. My fence is low enough that I can reach over & drop the hay in without any difficulty.

Like this, only instead of a box on a cage, its a lid on a fence :D
hayrack02.jpg

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I just got some today too :D

I am pretty excited, but gardeners are easy to entertain :D

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I just got some today too :D

I am pretty excited, but gardeners are easy to entertain :D
Agreed! It doesn't take much for me. I took the picture mostly because I gave my mom some of my extra peas after I planted mine. Hers are twice as lush as mine but she has no blossoms yet.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Sigh. DH is dragging his feet on the stuff I can't do! He's tired and I'm trying not to get cranky. We will definitely not be bringing the babies home Saturday. Maybe Monday morning. The weather is going to cooperate all weekend. He has almost all the fence posts in but hit some serious rocks with the last few. I am hoping we can get the fencing attached Saturday morning then work on the gate and the interior wall. Once those things are done we might be close. He is sure we'll need most of Sunday as well. He may be right. I am going to call the vet tomorrow and let him know it will be Monday at the soonest and possibly not until next weekend. I'm sure he'll keep them another week which will take the pressure off us and we can get things done right. I'd be happier if we had the electric along the top in place before they came home.

In an attempt to appease the neighbors who will be looking at the goats through the trees we are cleaning up the area between the goat fence and the border fence. It has an old compost bin, remains of last year's wood pile, some pallets, undergrowth, and general junk of DH's. I started filling every clay and plastic pot I could find with the compost that is there. It's not deep but it's nice stuff. I got an eggplant, more tomatoes, some more strawberries, and a couple more pepper plants into pots this evening. I'm so frustrated that I can't do more to get ready for the goats.

DS has gymnastics after school tomorrow. I'm going to sit down and figure out the wall situation. Maybe after dinner we can go get the supplies we need for that and then we can spend all of Saturday out there working. Luckily HD is only 2 miles away when we realize we've forgotten something critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.