Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I can truly say I've never heard of letterboxing before! I wonder how that all got started? Interesting hobby, to say the least!
Either of the sites will give you the history if you really want to know, or hit wikipedia. It started on the moors of England, long before the Internet!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Oh, letterboxing sounds like an adventure. BTW, I think I'm wishing for Dwarf Nigs, too. I'm still on the fence about that. Somedays I really, really want them, and others, I'm glad I don't have them. Maybe I'll get more serious about them this spring.

Jeans and T shirt here, too. A sweatshirt when it gets cold.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
punkin said:
Oh, letterboxing sounds like an adventure. BTW, I think I'm wishing for Dwarf Nigs, too. I'm still on the fence about that. Somedays I really, really want them, and others, I'm glad I don't have them. Maybe I'll get more serious about them this spring.

Jeans and T shirt here, too. A sweatshirt when it gets cold.
:) My husband worries that the milking will be too much for me. Then I suggest we just get a doe that hasn't been bred and a wether and he just rolls his eyes and says we have enough pets. Uh, no we don't!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Have you seen that little hand held milking apparatus...seems like it would be perfect for a small time milking project like a few Nigerians. Easy on the hands, I would think, although I don't find milking goats as much as a hand strain as milking cows.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
So here's what I actually did today:
I knew earlier in the week that I was subbing today. That means I got to sleep a few minutes longer since clothes and lunches were ready to go. I'm not good about having stuff ready for me if I don't know ahead of time that I'm working. I was in a 6th grade classroom. The kids are nice, though some of them think it's funny to act dumb and goofy (the boys anyway). The teacher left great plans, always a bonus. Just enough work to keep them busy but not busy work so that they didn't think there was a point to doing it. No behavior problems and we all had a good day.
Had a weird experience that started yesterday. There's another sub in this school that I hadn't met before yesterday. Yet sitting at lunch I was consumed with the feeling that I knew her. I kept looking at her thinking why do I have this feeling? I just kept getting the letter "M" in my head. "Her name starts with M." Finally she left and I asked my friend Deb what this woman's first name was. She told me and it still didn't trigger a memory although I was right about the "M". All I could get was that her eyes looked too old. Hmmmm, must have meant I knew her when we were younger. Still didn't get it. Then out of the blue an hour or so later it hits me! We lived in the same dorm in college 25 years ago! She had a huge fight one night with two of my closest friends over a horrible article they wrote critisizing a choral concert she had performed in. So I had recess duty with her today and asked her if she was who I thought she was. It was her! She didn't remember me because I wasn't part of the big disagreement. Nor did I bring it up!!
So all I can say is brains are so weird!!
Oh, and while my class was at music and while they were working independently I read the book they are reading in Language Arts class; Freak, the Mighty.
LOVED IT!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its based on that book...I think it's called The Mighty. Has McCauley Caulkin's little brother in it.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Cool, I'll have to look for it!
I'll tell DH about the milking device, although it's more the "getting out of bed on winter mornings to actually go outside and do it" that he's worried about! ;)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I don't like getting up on those cold winter mornings either. DH and I try to out sleep in eachother so the other has to fire up the woodburner :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.