Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Adorable pups! Good luck with choosing...

Puppies are fun, but lots of work when you first bring them home.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
punkin said:
I know what you mean about taking things one step at a time.

In the winter, I really wanted goats. Then when greenhouse time came, I was glad I didn't get them. Too much to do and not enough time in the day.

Although, I've still not crossed them off my list completely. :rolleyes:
Exactly! I never rule anything out. We don't have a lot of space. Hopefully someday we'll be able to buy a place with more room. But even if we do, I still need to the time to take care of it all. And the truth is, I have to work full time. I don't play the lottery; I don't have rich relatives. Looks like things remain as is for the time being. We're going to enjoy all the fun and extra work that comes with the puppy, that's for sure!
We're spending Mother's Day morning at a dog show watching his breeder show some of her other dogs. My choice!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
They sure do, except for some of those puppy behaviors!!
I can't believe he comes home in just over a week! We've got the crate set up, a basket of toys ready, a small collar and leash to get us started. We'll pick up the puppy food the breeder is feeding them later this week. We'll do a good housecleaning this weekend. We've been walking around the yard looking at it from a puppy's view. We're as ready as we can be. And very excited. :D

Gosh, I'm tired. Had one very stressful part to my day. Not much control over it. I'm caught in the middle and will no doubt get an earful from the teacher involved when I see his students tomorrow. He is furious with my supervisor, who will not be there, so I will be the one stuck listening to him. I talked to the Special Ed. coordinator today and she said if he gets verbally abusive I am to leave the room and go straight to her. She plans on stopping in unannounced during my session to see how the teacher is behaving. Ugh, who needs this??
The sun broke through the clouds and I was hoping to get a few plants in the ground, but after picking up my son at school, getting haircuts, stopping at the pharmacy for eye drops (we've all got horrible allergies) it had started to rain again. Blech.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Love the puppy pics!
I have a female Golden, light like those. How I love her!
I picked her out at 10 days old with eyes still closed and I swear I bonded with her at that moment.
I have been trying to download pics on my personal page with no luck. Maybe when I have a few hours to figure it out, heh.
Anyhow, I don't venture much into the land of journals, but who could resist "puppy coming"!!!
I'll check in to view more pics-congrats! :bun

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thanks! Our puppy's mom is very light, and dad is quite a bit darker. I've never been able to meet both puppy's parents before, or meet the puppies when they were not quite a week old. What a privilege!
Here is Dad:
GoldenvisitCarson3.jpg

And here is Mom:
GoldenpuppiesApril16200934.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Aww!! Henrietta! Congrats on the new puppy! Dad is a nice looking Golden, but I must say, I think Mom is just gorgeous!!! I love her light coloring!!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
What beautiful parents. I know you are excited.

Just one question for you? In looking at the yard from a puppys point of view were you crawling around on all 4s. Because I got a good chuckle from the mental picture I had of you and your family out in the yard crawling around and sniffing the ground. :lol:
(Sorry, I could not resist)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thanks! I think she's just gorgeous too! She is an awesome mom to those pups. I think we are going to send her a mother's day card. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.