Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Anxiety attack?
Kinda I guess. I get this way in crowds sometimes. Hard time breathing, wanting to hide. Every little noise is bothering me. Very irritable, not wanting to talk to strangers. I suppose it could very well be a minor one.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Sounds like it. Hiding and knitting is a great plan :D
Definitely feels better in here than out there. There are some strange people out there! DH thrives on this. I don't get it.... at all!!! Now all the neighborhood leaf blowers have started up so I can't even hear the strangers talking to him. White noise! Aaaah! Stupid thing is the leaves haven't even changed colors so I'm not sure what anyone is blowing??

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thanks Abi!! I don't know about lots. It's a lotta little bits of junk out there so he's taking a dollar or two here and there. But any little bit will be fine. It's more about getting more junk out of here than anything else. I'm hobbling around finding things as I clean. Two things I brought out sold within 5 minutes. Ooooops someone just drove up with a dog in their truck. So much for peace and quiet. I had finally felt up to opening the front door but our dogs aren't going to take to strange dogs milling about.... :barnie

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
And now my dad has arrived with their dog. All thoughts of peace and quite are gone gone gone!! :lol:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I haven't been on in quite some time so this might old discussion and long forgotten.

Cub Scouts--recognition is a big part of the program. The mother may not care about recognition but the son probably does. Why is he even in Scouting if his mother doesn't care.

The horse with the white mane--wow, very striking.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Nice to have you stop by!!
I will have to read back about which scout event brought that comment! I'm sure I know which mom I was referring to though. None of us have ever been able to explain anything she does really. She fights the system in so many ways and alienates so many people in the process. The truth is her kid can really irritate the poo out of me but I'm usually able to sit back and realize that what he hears coming from his mom causes a lot of his attitude. He's not a bad kid, but he has to question everthing we do and we waste so much time debating doing things another way that I've finally learned I have to just say "No, we're doing it this way and it's not up for discussion." If I thought he had a legitimate argument and was trying to make for a better experience that would be one thing, but I really think he's just learned from mom to argue for the sake of arguing. He came to our last meeting in full uniform except that she has never sewn a single one of the badges he's earned on his uniform. But he had the correct hat, neckerchief and slide, all brand new. So I used him during our discussion as my model and he was thrilled. So, yeah, I agree, he loves his recognition! They all love getting their patches, belt loops and pins!
The horse with the white mane, Darwin, is doing very well!! The owner/instructor is now letting her more experienced students ride him. He really is quite lovely to watch in the ring.
I walked to the other end of the street where another neighbor is having a tag sale, got a little anxious there too but had a nice conversation with two different families I rarely get to talk to and enjoyed the weather which is spectacular today!
Tomorrow is the Highland Festival in Scotland (CT) and the weather is supposed to be this nice. I am going to have to grab a trekking pole and go because I will regret it if I don't. I'll sit and rest when I can. It's only once a year and it usually rains!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Done~ DH has enough small bills in his pocket to put gas in the tank of his truck for the week. I finished my knitted wrist cuffs BEFORE it's cold enough to need them! DS earned $4.50 selling lemonade and spent $3 on a huge Great White shark stuffed animal at the tag sale down the street. Except for the yellow jackets it was a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.