Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
After church we went to the Highland Games in Scotland. seriously! Well Scotland CT anyway! :lol: I hobbled along with my hiking pole to give me a little stability and sat when I could. I iced the ankle when we got home and it seems to be no worse for having gone. Maybe I'm mending a bit? We had fun walking around talking to people, watching our friend KC get an impromptu lesson on her bag pipes which she had with her. We watched the dancers and listened to the pipes and drums. I admired the kilts and other tartan items. I own a Clan Grant scarf and would love love love to own a long skirt someday. DS held up a Clan Campbell boy's kilt that would have been adorable but he would have nowhere to wear it and at $65.... well, just, no, that wasn't happening! I got a picture of him trying on a Black Watch cap. Didn't make him look any more Scottish though! Oh well! It was hot hot hot and the yellow jackets were out in huge numbers. DS got stung on the back of his calf. We had to sign our lives away just to get him an ice pack. The fire dept. had to cover themselves because we refused to have him taken to the hospital. He's not allergic and has been stung before. But we had to sign so they weren't liable. We are home tomorrow too for Columbus Day. Aaaah! Love it!

IMG_4546.jpg

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
He is so darn photogenic!! What a great pic. Good to hear your ankle is on the mend.

g
Thanks! I'm still calling the orthopedic office tomorrow. At the very least they may recommend physical therapy which will help strengthen it! At least I hope so....

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
He is freaking adorable!

PT is good!! That would be great :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Thanks Abi! Yeah, I think it's probably the best I can hope for. The fact that keeping it stabilized and icing it when I know I've been on it too long does make a difference, makes me hopeful that there isn't a chronic tendonitis type thing going on.... oh I don't know. I just hope I can get an appointment before Christmas....

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Spent the evening watching videos of the handsome one as a baby when we first visited him in Russia then when we went back to bring him home. Wow, how time flies! 9 years ago today we returned from church to find a FedEx package containing several pictures, a short video and "medical history" on him. We were on the phone that evening leaving a message with the adoption agency that we wanted to GO! Two months later we went to meet him and another 3 months after that we got to bring him home. It's amazing the details of the trip that we have forgotten. Watching the video brought a lot back.
The first TV show the child ever watched was in the hotel in Moscow. It was Sesame Street. Dubbed in Spanish. :hu Fun!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, the weekend is winding down, but it sure was a nice one. I finished one and a half knitting projects; a pair of Victorian wrist cuffs for myself and one of a pair of black wool socks for DS. I plan to cast on the second sock for him tonight and get it started so I'll have a good project to be working on this Friday at Knit and Listen. I may cast on a pair of socks for myself as well. I'll see what I've got for yarn.
This morning my mom called and asked if I want to go to the Goodwill store with her. We'd never ventured to it because we had a SA nearby but that has closed to make way for a Petco. The GW was much closer than we realized and HUGE. I found a men's plaid wool jacket from an exclusive men's store in southern CT. Mom got it for $6 and it fits my dad like it was made for him. I found a Pendleton skirt her size that was also $6. I got a sweater for me, one for DH, a fleece pullover, a shirt and a Boy Scout uniform all for $19. The uniform shirt will go into the "closet" for anyone who needs it. For $1.99 I couldn't resist grabbing it.
I didn't find any Halloween costume possibilities this time but will try again. Now I am searching and thought for our family costumes we could be characters from The Holy Grail movie.... I could be the old woman who doesn't know who King Arthur is. "King of the what???" heehee

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
LOL! We have a king?

I am very nearly to the point where i'll try sock knitting.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
abifae said:
LOL! We have a king?

I am very nearly to the point where i'll try sock knitting.
Socks are not bad at all once you get used to the double point needles. I started the second one and am looking for a pattern to cast on some bright orange sock yarn a friend gave me. I think I want to do a textured leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.