Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Lesa said:
Sorry to hear about Donki...
Did the podiatrist recommend the "boot" for sleeping? That method worked very quickly in curing both Dh and my plantar fasciitis problems...
Thank you (and Abi too!) I haven't seen the podiatrist for sometime and she hadn't the last time. We were going with decent shoes and mail order Spenco inserts as a first line of treatment. It wasn't until I started wearing the recommended ankle brace to stabilize the weak ankle that I really start having problems with heel and plantar fasciitis pain again. I went back to do exercised she had recommend and felt an almost immediate difference. /the ortho said that with all the compensated the foot and ankle have had to do because of the inflammed tendon it isn't surprising that this happened with my flat feet. I will ask her about the boot. First thing in the morning is definitely the most painful when everything is all tightened up.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
freemotion said:
OH NO!!!!! Donki!!!!! :hit :hugs How awful......how is your boy doing with it?
:hugs He's okay. He asked to help DH with the burial and he ran and got me so we could all pray over her. I'm not sure, but I know for me that it hasn't really hit me yet. I know she wasn't well but I hoped we'd have longer with her. I'm feeling very discouraged about the whole goat thing, like we weren't meant to be goat people. :hit

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
freemotion said:
OH NO!!!!! Donki!!!!! :hit :hugs How awful......how is your boy doing with it?
:hugs He's okay. He asked to help DH with the burial and he ran and got me so we could all pray over her. I'm not sure, but I know for me that it hasn't really hit me yet. I know she wasn't well but I hoped we'd have longer with her. I'm feeling very discouraged about the whole goat thing, like we weren't meant to be goat people. :hit
I know that feeling, believe me! I won't list all my mistakes here, but I will tell you that I lost one of my first goats to....not sure. Went out to feed in the morning and Rose (retired Saanen, very sweet and gentle) was dead. I think she may have eaten some fast growing wild laurel that I'd cut back in the woods area that was being cleared at the time and is now my pasture. I'd let the goats out to browse while the horse was grazing in a small grassy are that I'd fenced with one electric wire that kept the horse in but allowed the goats to wander. I felt SO guilty. We buried her in the back and didn't get a replacement until several months later.

There's more but that is enough. Just want to let you know that you are not alone in your sorrow and that feeling that goats aren't for you. Remember you have two others that are lovely pets and need your love!

Status
Not open for further replies.