Hen23's Journal~Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Britesea said:
the socks have a very pretty pattern! I've never used a yarn with bamboo-- you think it will hold up to the wear and tear that socks get?
I am hopeful. It is specifically a sock yarn so maybe? It's 70% super wash wool, 15% bamboo and 15% silk. I'll treat them carefully with all the work that I'm putting into them!!

Sorry Gina!! Not sure why not..... :(

Here is a link to someone else's sock done in the same pattern so you can get a better idea of what it will hopefully look like!

http://roobeedoo.blogspot.com/2009/10/first-biwa-sock.html

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That pattern is great!!!! Pretty! :)

Britesea, I know that bamboo socks are really big right now because they have natural anti-fungal properties.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
abifae said:
What a cool way to show off your knitting!!!!
I know! Cool, huh, and not very expensice. I doubt I couldn wear them all day at this point.
Orthopedist appt. tomorrow. I must be nervous. I had a dream about it last night. I went and got seated on a hospital bed in a large room with lots of other patients all on hospital beds. A doctor, who I recognized from somewhere, came in and looked at my foot, said she's be right back. Next thing I knew I woked up in the hospital bed in the dark in the middle of the night, not knowing why I was still there. I talked to other patients because I had woken them up gasping in fear and confusion. No staff seemed to be around. I got up and walked down a dark hallway around a corner and found someone in scrubs. I tried to ask what was going on and explain I had to contact my family and work etc... the woman just told me I probably didn't want to be there just then. I looked and there was a youngish girl sprawled on the floor with chunks of vomit all around her and several staff members cleaning up. They were ignoring the girl and just worried about the mess. :idunno I woke up at that point.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, I turned the heel. It is far from perfect but won't show.... did something stupid, still not sure what but it seems to be working out in the end. I'm about half way done with the foot. I'm anticipating a longish wait at the orthopedist's office and will bring it with me since this part is pretty mindless.
The car remains at the friend's house. They have everything put back together that they can until they get this pulley and as yet they have no idea where they're getting it from. There is some concern about needing another special part to install that but there's a chance that one of the guys has some pull at a local garage and may be able to borrow it. :fl The friend insisted that DH take his much newer TDI to drive to work until his is done. Says he doesn't need it because if it's nice he's going golfing with a buddy who will drive them (in his TDI) and if it rains his wife is going to find something for him to do at home..... :lol: whatever! Works for us!!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
:hit Don't know what exactly happened. She had CAE and had arthritis symptoms but had seemed comfortable. We had a hard time keeping her weight up but she didn't seemed to be in a lot of pain despite visibly swollen front knees. Came home today and she didn't come out to greet me. She was lying in the barn and just gone. Thomas keeps sniffing her head and looking at me. I'm having a hard time even processing this right now. She was a great girl and I will miss her horribly.

I saw the ortho this morning. I had myself perfectly diagnosed-tendonitis of the posterior tibial tendon. He is recommending that we start with physical therapy and will see me in a month. He also recommended that I go back to the podiatrist for help with the plantar fasciitis which will probably mean orthotics. So now I get to fit three therapy sessions into my already crazy schedule. My first will be Wednesday afternoon. I finally feel like I can make progress and heal.

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Donki...
Did the podiatrist recommend the "boot" for sleeping? That method worked very quickly in curing both Dh and my plantar fasciitis problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.