HennyPenny's random thoughts. New set of goals!

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh- They were there and gone FAST. I dunno if it's faster to unload or what, but they were there maybe an hour or less. It took over four hours for the old owners to get moved.

I'm getting all weird, wandering around the house trying to find stuff either to throw away, or give away. I'm doing pretty well I think. The moving company has a 4,000 pound minimum, and the estimate was 5,000 pounds. I doubt I could get rid of that much stuff, but heck, I'm going to try! Although, if I came up under the minimum, I'd still have to pay for the difference, right?

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Argggggggggg. Get me out of here now! The new owners of the house next door apparently are the kind of parents who I dislike. The kind who find it acceptable for their kid to yell everything she says. You know it's loud when I'm in MY house, all the windows shut, vacuuming and I can hear "MOMMY I'M HUNGRY" clear as day. The house two doors away has seemingly billions of small boys, but I hardly ever notice them. Sometimes I hear normal play yelling and such, even on the sidewalk in front of my house. But it doesn't bother me. It's not this constant shrieking.

Sorry guys, I hate to be such a complainer, feel free to ignore this post.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
hennypenny9 said:
Argggggggggg. Get me out of here now! The new owners of the house next door apparently are the kind of parents who I dislike. The kind who find it acceptable for their kid to yell everything she says. You know it's loud when I'm in MY house, all the windows shut, vacuuming and I can hear "MOMMY I'M HUNGRY" clear as day. The house two doors away has seemingly billions of small boys, but I hardly ever notice them. Sometimes I hear normal play yelling and such, even on the sidewalk in front of my house. But it doesn't bother me. It's not this constant shrieking.

Sorry guys, I hate to be such a complainer, feel free to ignore this post.
I don't have whiny shriekers like that nextdoor, I just have gleeful shriekers. Three of them under the age of 4, all girls. :barnie

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Henrietta- You have me beat for sure! Why is it that many parents think that since the shrieking is "happy" that it doesn't scar my eardrums?

I got pretty spoiled for a while. The house with the kid used to have a retired couple in it, I never heard a peep. The house on the other side was vacant until a few months ago. So now I have a screaming toddler, and a young couple with a seemingly endless supply of friends. They aren't loud, but the car door slamming makes it sound like they're hosting a football team or something.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Neighbors :barnie
Of course, I am the only one with a rooster, and 5 noisy female ducks, and the hens are none too quiet when they lay an egg, and three dogs, and my son has been known to shout........
DH owns a chainsaw, and blows the leaves off the front yard with his hovercraft every fall. I think maybe somewhere there's a forum with a post about me...... :gig

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Henrietta- I wish I could hear ducks, they're so funny! The house two doors down from me has chickens, and I can sometimes hear their egg cackling. :)

There is an ambulance and a firetruck down the street from me... I wonder if it's that's where the chainsaw was that I heard for hours this morning... It's very NICE to see the awful people that speed down my residential street slam on the breaks when they go around the bend and see the ambulance. That's mean, but I hate how fast people go. There are little kids who play in this neighborhood! They normally don't play in the street, but good grief, do you need to go 35 in a 15? Sheesh.

It's humid today, maybe we'll get a thunderstorm! Or at least some rain. It seems the rest of the country is flooding, and here in rainy ol' Washington we haven't had a decent rain in a while. At least a week.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I live on a dead end street. You'd think it woudl be nice and quiet. Some of the time yes but there used to be the teen friends who would drop off the kid across the street then screech all the way down to the cul-de-sac, turn on two wheels and screech back. Then there's the old guy who got drunk one Saturday afternoon and the French Club and drove his car up one of our trees. He managed to get it back down and we carried the parts he lost and dumped them on his lawn. Most of our neighbors don't wave to us, but funnily enough ever since then he does! Go figure!!

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Guess what? Remember the cute kitchen nook with built in seats I mentioned? Well I just remembered that the two sections open for storage!

Also, the weather people are predicting a wind storm like a winter storm! I love stormy weather! Well, I like it up here in the northwest. I can't imagine being in a hurricane or tornado, or terrible snow storm. I like that when we get storms, they generally don't damage the house, or cause me to have to evacuate. But I think everyone has a climate that is perfect for them, and this is mine.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well drat. Went to sign papers for the duplex... When we saw it the first time there were half a dozen people working on it. The owner said he was in the process of remodeling. Um. No. I think that after we left, they put all the dirt back and left. It was in terrible condition. Not just dirty, but in need of fixing. We were under the impression that this was being done, since there were tons of people working at the place. So we backed out, and now I have no place to move. All the apartments range from $715 (pretty shady) to $815 (nice, but NO utilities included, so add around $70 on top of that per month) ARG. And looking on craigslist scares me. I mean, there's a two bedroom mother-in-law all utilities payed, for $800, but then I'd have to hope that the people living in the main house weren't psycho killers.

Speaking of which, another police officer shot his in-laws, then himself. I guess it was near the duplex I almost got, because the girl in the other side of the duplex said she saw all the cops go by, then SWAT and such.

While at home I helped my mom plant stuff. Yeah it's late, but oh well. Carrots, tomatoes, sage, parsley, turnips, leeks, garlic chives, and mint. Some are seeds, and some from the nursery. Also gave her my thyme and rosemary to plant.

She has three hens, all about six years old who are each laying an egg a day. Pretty good, I'd say. Also a stupid drake who tries to attack our dog. :rolleyes:

Trying not to be discouraged, but omg it's such a pain to find a place. Everyone my parents know promised to let me know if something came up. Two of them manage properties, but since they are so good at it, their tenants are all very long term.