HennyPenny's random thoughts. New set of goals!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
Or the other thing....Safeway et al - did you find everything you wanted today? Er,,,,no I really wanted to find a hundred dollar bill, but didn't.

sheesh....
I'll have to use this next time . . . . :D

Some places if you want someone to help you - you can't find anyone but when you don't need help they are everywhere :)

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been known to say that I had been hoping to find the winning lottery ticket but there weren't any. I usually get a blank stare.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I know, I hate having to ask when I know they don't want the coupons, but it's not worth my job! I know at some stores it's a pain to get help. At the Lowe's I shop at, there is very rarely anyone on the sales floor that is available. There are TONS of employees, but I guess all of us customers are helpless, and all need lots of help, lol. I haven't even scratched the surface of the rules of what we have to ask/do according to JoAnn's Laws.

But my last week is next week! Retail can continue on without me, I could not stand it one more hour. Bwahaha.

On a side note, I got one of those freeze dried meals to see if I liked it. I thought that I could have one or two in my emergency pack. It was so weird! I got mac and cheese, and the noodles never got re-hydrated! They stayed slightly crunchy. So I thought if I waited a bit longer they would be okay. Um... Then the sauce went from creamy and thick to watery. Fail. Anyway, now I'm putting a $.10 Top Ramen in there. Yes, it is probably too salty, but at least I can cook it right. Sheesh.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Went to look at the duplex I'm going to rent. It's vintage 70s, and not in a good way! Except for the cute built in kitchen nook, which I adore. But I got the okay to take down the awful curtains which are a large part of the problem, and make my own. Of course this means getting all new curtain rods, since the old ones are traverse rods. But it will be fun to make the old place look nice. The chicken run/house is not in good shape. I'm going to talk to the land lady (who is a family friend) to see if we can build a new one, not in the woods.

But here's something I didn't know! They have huge established blueberry bushes! She says they produce tons of berries! Also, she has the biggest rosemary bush I have ever see! It's at least two feet tall, by maybe three feet around. I have no yard to maintain (yay!), just the garden. The only downer is that the neighbors have a pit bull. I know, I know, this shouldn't bother me, but it does. They only let it run in their fenced area, though, and only when they're home. Also, the neighbor is a single mom with a three year old daughter, but she has a guy babysitter who is there all the time when the mom is gone. This kinda creeps me out, as the duplex is pretty secluded. :(

Oh well, I'm sure everything will turn out okay. I will MAKE it be okay. If the dog bothers me, I'll talk to the landlady. I can't wait to get the garden ready to go. It's pretty over grown now, but she has other stuff there, like lavender, mint, and strawberries. I'm so happy. We're having a moving company come over tomorrow to see how much that will cost. And we also talked to another company who goes by the hour, not poundage. And since I've been organizing stuff like a maniac, I'm ready to go!

:weee

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Good news on the new place. Those blueberries sound heavenly.

I say the first thing you should do is bu a big box of milk-bones. Make friend with the dog so he doesn't bark at you. He will most likely be territorial.. Of course ask the neighbor if you can give him cookies. Then when your out in the yard keep a couple on you. He will be your best buddy in no time. :D

g

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds exciting - I'm sure you'll be settled and have the garden whipped into shape in no time.

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It looks like a female pit bull, maybe a mom? I will try to make it like me, though! Oh, I forgot to mention that the place overlooks some open horse pastures. It's really beautiful. I can only see a couple houses through the trees, and one I can see their chicken run! lol!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Gay babysitters don't scare me, it is the straight (male) ones that do. :p I have lots of gay friends that I would have no issue leaving my child with. A few of them even have their own children, and boy let me tell you, those kids are the cleanest (most spoiled) and best dressed kids on the block!! :lol:

Anyhoo, the place sounds really cool. I'll bet you will have it whipped into shape in no time! Does it have fake wood paneling too? If so, I have painted my share of that sh..stuff. :rolleyes: After a coat of paint (or two or three) it looks really nice.

Are you going to be closer to me and DrakeMaiden (south sound)? Or are you staying up there?

(Pit bulls scare me too, I had one bite my pant leg at a friend's house. I can't get over it!)

ETA: I'm such a fool, I thought you wrote "gay babysitter"!!! Woops! I need glasses! Oh well, I'll leave my post "as is" so everyone can laugh at me! :rolleyes: :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Sounds like great potential there!

I would definitely get to know the dog, you just never know when it will get out and you will be confronted with it. If she has a young child the dog is probably friendly, but still meet it and make sure it knows that you are a friend!!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If the nice way doesn't work, a garden hose might help. I tried to make nice with my one of my neighbors' dog (I have 4 neighbors) and the damned thing not only would bark at me CONSTANTLY through the fence but would snarl if I offered it dog treats. :rant I tried for months. :he Eventually, I got mad one day for being uncomfortable in my own back yard by some $@*&#^%^ neighbors dog yapping and snarling at me. :somad I got out the hose and sprayed it through the fence but only when it barked. After a week of this, bark,bark, bark... spray... bark, bark, bark... spray, the dog would only give an alert bark when I first went out and then was quiet. I never did tell my neighbor how I "trained" their dog. :hide To be honest, I would have done the same thing to my own dog too. We trained him to alert bark once or twice and then be quiet. He'll continue to growl (if something is bothering him) but only until I check it out and tell him "quiet".