Hi all from Eastern Wa.

kabri

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hi, I'm another from W WA, soon to be from the Olympic Peninsula (we have to drive thru Gig Harbor to get there, does that count????)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
kabri said:
Hi, I'm another from W WA, soon to be from the Olympic Peninsula (we have to drive thru Gig Harbor to get there, does that count????)
Lol, that counts!

I'm just 10 minutes from Gig Harbor. It is actually faster for me to get to Gig Harbor than it is for me to drive into my own downtown. :p

discoversimplicity

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi All :frow

DH and I are coming up to your neck of the woods to visit freinds in the area :celebrate . I'd like to see some ag/substainable lifestyle towns/events if there's anything going on while we're there. We fly in to Spokane on 5/24 and return to SF on 5/30. Our freind lives in Ashol Idaho and we have another freind in Sandpoint Idaho. I'm really looking forward to this vacation :weee I hear it's beautiful country! Any suggestions??

bynaturefarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Marianne said:
Welcome from central Kansas!
Looks like I am not the only Kansan to follow this thread.

discoversimplicity said:
Hi All :frow

DH and I are coming up to your neck of the woods to visit freinds in the area :celebrate . I'd like to see some ag/substainable lifestyle towns/events if there's anything going on while we're there. We fly in to Spokane on 5/24 and return to SF on 5/30. Our freind lives in Ashol Idaho and we have another freind in Sandpoint Idaho. I'm really looking forward to this vacation :weee I hear it's beautiful country! Any suggestions??
We are planning on moving to Eastern Washington with in the next year. discoversimplicity would you mind doing a trip report on your findings. Enjoy your vacation.

bynaturefarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
discoversimplicity said:
Sure, bynaturefarms, I would love to! But I need some help finding places to explore.....
I have been looking in 4 counties. You can only see so much in a photo. We have thought about flying to Spokane, we just need to find a sitter for our 4 kids.
Pend Oreille County (southern)
Stevens County (Colville area)
Ferry County (Republic Curlew area)
Okanogan County (Anywhere that does not look like a desert)

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm another from the West side, but across the puddle from Gig Harbor. I love the Eastside (so much warmer & dryer-in the summer anyway) especially northern Okanogan county where we like to go for vacation. I'd love to move over there.

bynaturefarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
I'm another from the West side, but across the puddle from Gig Harbor. I love the Eastside (so much warmer & dryer-in the summer anyway) especially northern Okanogan county where we like to go for vacation. I'd love to move over there.
How green is Kitsap County?
Can you use compost toilets and recycle your grey water?

Latest posts