Hi all from Eastern Wa.

bynaturefarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
SD, I love green also & probably why I'm stuck on the 'moldy' side of the mountains. :p

As for the Tricities....little to no green in sight. I'm not so sure if I really like that SE part of the state. I do like the wideopenness of it & being able to see for miles & miles & miles. Also, driving over there at night and all you can see is pitch black nothingness beyond your headlights and as you unknowingly come around a hill & see city lights in the midst of black is kinda eerily (sp?) otherworldly, to me anyway.
I did live in Kennewick when I as about 1 or 2 and the only memory I have of it is helping to milk a cow by hand and hurting my 'pinky' finger and that was probably as close as I've ever been to real farming. I also have some distant cousins living over there in that part of the state. Those are the better points I can think of.

Bad points being...Pasco for one. Was there for a family reunion & had someone smash a rock thru my driverside window, cracked the windshield and stole a bunch of camping gear from my car. I wasn't too happy about that, to lose the gear or driving 4+ hours back in the cold windy rain. grrrr :rant
AND that Pasco is (or was 25 years ago & the last time I spent any time there), a major crime/drug/gang area that is/was worse than Seattle or Tacoma Hilltop. Not my favorite place. It has probably changed alot since then and may have gotten better :hu
Besides 5 minutes out of either town is absolute NOTHINGNESS. So to me anyway, it's the other extreme from the wet, cold, semi friendly west.

I dunno, maybe others have a better opinion but that is my experience.
When I asked how green I was referring to eco green. I have since realized the property that my wife found is in Mason County. I kind of figured everything west of the Cascades is the color green.

Speaking of being able to see for miles. I am on the 9th floor in down town Topeka, when I go to any window I can see the edge of the world. :ep :lol:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: and the curvature of the earth???? :gig :)hide sorry that wasn't meant to be insulting, just my weird sense of humor :D )

Mason county? eco greeners? there may be some. Most people that I have met in that area happen to drive trucks and own a small armory and downright good folks

bynaturefarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
old fashioned said:
:lol: and the curvature of the earth???? :gig :)hide sorry that wasn't meant to be insulting, just my weird sense of humor :D )

Mason county? eco greeners? there may be some. Most people that I have met in that area happen to drive trucks and own a small armory and downright good folks
Not weird at all.
This is from the north window but it is the same any direction. you can see a slight curve.

mywork1.png

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Kitsap County isn't that "green." No, you cannot permit a composting toilet. I don't think you could get a permit for greywater either . . . in fact, if you want to just have a good old fashioned septic tank you are out of luck. You have to install one that uses power to dissipate the waste water over time, rather than rely on gravity. It is silly, if you ask me . . . what happens when you get a week without any electricity? I don't even want to know. :sick And power outages that long can and do happen.

But there are a reasonable amount of people here who would be "green." Not the majority. There are even fewer in Mason County.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
bynaturefarms said:
old fashioned said:

Not weird at all.
This is from the north window but it is the same any direction. you can see a slight curve.

http://rusticbynature.com/donotdelete/mywork1.png
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that curve is caused by the lens in your camera ;)

The curve of the earth can't be see except from space.