Hi! Im new here!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I put the holes in the sides so that I end up with a water reservoir! A portion of the compost still settles down into the spaces between the large gravel and that acts as a kind of wick to help keep the pot moist without lessening the oxygen to the roots or drowning out the plants. The summers around here can be HOT and dry, HOT and humid or just plain old HOT. :lol: With this system a container only needs to be watered every two or three days, instead of every day. Really helps the plants to grow better.

One thing I also want to put in about the young love thing. Take a GOOD LONG while to have those kids. Even though we were married when I was 17 we waited until I was 21 to start having kids. While this was still young, remember we had been married for 4 years and had that time to spend good quality time with just us together.

bibliophile birds

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Even though we were married when I was 17 we waited until I was 21 to start having kids. While this was still young, remember we had been married for 4 years and had that time to spend good quality time with just us together.
my parents were the same. married at 19, but didn't have me until they were 24. they were expecting at 21, but lost that one through miscarriage. mom always says that losing a baby is terrible, but that it was probably a blessing in disguise as it made them realize they weren't quite ready yet.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Mom always said I was a mistake and I robbed her of her teenage years...whatever. I know Im not ready for kids. I don't feel mature enough to move out, why would I even think I was mature enough to have childern? Thank god for abstanence and BC. Anyways... Me and Zach got another chicken today! She's in our little quaretine coop for the next few weeks to make sure she is healthy before we move her in with the main flock. Zoii (my head hen) in not happy at all! How dare I bring another bird home? :lol: I found one of the barrels used to grow the tomatoes, it had holes drilled in the side and the bottom. Im getting blackberries next pay day!:D I loosed up the root ball on my dying plants and some of them have perked up. I also have a couple of little bitty green strawberries now! :weee This has been a heck of a weekend already. I canned spicy black-eyed pea soup today in my pressure canner. That thing scares the crap out of me. But I guess it's all apart of learning. ;)