Hi there

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
:frow Welcome! Enjoy the insanity. This self sufficiency stuff will sneak up on you and change your life. Enjoy it. You'll end up with lots of good food, some cool friends and lots of new hobbies.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
:welcome

Nice to have you here!

Yes, those chickens are addicting!

I started out with 25, and just chickens. Now I'm not counting how many chickens, have 20 ducks + 9 call ducks, 6 guineas, 6 turkeys, a mini pony, and 2 young steers!

cartychic

Power Conserver
Reaction score
thanks for making me feel so welcome!!!! I will have to put up some pictures soon.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
cartychic said:
I have along way to go before im as self sufficient as some of the members here, but im hoping one day!
:welcome Don't worry about that, we all go at our own pace. Glad to have you aboard! Can't wait to read more and see some pics of your flock.

What poultry breed(s) do you have?

cartychic

Power Conserver
Reaction score
keljonma said:
cartychic said:
I have along way to go before im as self sufficient as some of the members here, but im hoping one day!
What poultry breed(s) do you have?
Im not long at the poultry, at the moment I have 3 rir, 4 barred marans (1 is a roo), 5 white turkeys, 2 muscovy ducks and 1 mallard drake!!
But im planning on going to a poultry bring and buy show at the end of oct so im sure I will make some purchases :D :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:welcome Carty.
Great to have another SS'er on board! I can't waite to see your pics. Chickens are like popcorn...once you get started...you can't stop! We started with one little rescue Roo. We found him in a field across the road. Now we have, well...LOTS of chickens, turkeys, ducks, pigs, and sheep! Hopeing next year..a steer or 2. :p

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome to the group. Whereabouts in Ireland are you? My family lived near Dungarvan, Co. Waterford for 3 years, a long time ago when I was still in school. I don't get to go back there often, but always enjoy it when I do.
And yes, pictures would be nice.