High cholesterol

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
abifae said:
tortoise said:
I gave it to my fiance (a veterinarian) who actually knows what the numbers and acronyms mean. He says I'm very healthy. :gig
...and your coat is so glossy and thick!! *pet pet*

I've always thought I'd have better luck going to a vet than a human doc.
Abi, we are friends with brothers, one being a vet and the other a GP.
Both are wonderful men, but, everyone agrees they would rather see the vet for basics.
They learn how to treat those that cannot tell them what is wrong :)

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Well I'm probably not even human. Seeing a human only doc seems silly :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Just remember this. Heart disease is a modern disease. If you do not eat eat modern foods, you lower your risk most of the way.
I can remember that! I will have to quote you. :)

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
abifae said:
tortoise said:
I gave it to my fiance (a veterinarian) who actually knows what the numbers and acronyms mean. He says I'm very healthy. :gig

Both are wonderful men, but, everyone agrees they would rather see the vet for basics.
This is what the pediatrician I used to work for would say about treating babies :lol:, And I agree. A pediatrician or vet has to actually look for what is wrong, and other doctors, in my opinion, often just go by what the patient says, even if they (the patients) are not terribly good at expressing themselves.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
abifae said:

This is what the pediatrician I used to work for would say about treating babies :lol:, And I agree. A pediatrician or vet has to actually look for what is wrong, and other doctors, in my opinion, often just go by what the patient says, even if they (the patients) are not terribly good at expressing themselves.
What's a pain in the butt is when you are good at expressing yourself, and the doctor STILL doesn't get it. For instance, ever since I had strep as a teenager, I cannot do a good laugh. If I do, I start to cough. Doctor's solution? Take cough medicine. :he I know one time I went to a doctor and told him I had bronchitis. He didn't believe me, so he asked for my symptoms, checked me over, then said, you have bronchitis. :rant