High cholesterol

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, late night insomnia, cranky about working the holiday, and people who just cannot understand simple things(work related) moodiness is not the best time to post on a forum. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for sounding so nasty and didn't mean to. I just reread it today and thought, "WOW! What a stitch!" :lol:

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Well, late night insomnia, cranky about working the holiday, and people who just cannot understand simple things(work related) moodiness is not the best time to post on a forum. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry for sounding so nasty and didn't mean to. I just reread it today and thought, "WOW! What a stitch!" :lol:
:gig I was wondering because I don't tend to think that about you!!! :) Glad to know you were just having a bad day LOL.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Bee
is "snarkiness" really a word?

your post tho did contain alot of good comments I thought.

but heck, that is all over :p :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, the first time I'd ever heard that word was on these forums....but I kinda like sayin' it, don't you? Snarky! It even sounds like what it is.....snarky!

We always called that "pert", pronounced "peert", in these parts or even snitzy. I like snitzy too! :D

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Snarky is a GREAT word. I use it often :D

Usually in reference to me while having a seizure LOL. I snap at EVERYONE! I even yell at my cats :hide

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea :p

Snarky does have a catchy feeling to it....I bet I start using it around the house and all will think me crazy :lol:

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got my numbers to drop when I started juicing and cut out meat.Did it for 3 months to see what would happen.When I ate meat again the numbers went back up.

Exercise and certain foods are also supposed to get numbers down. I added oat bran,flax seed,and extra fiber to the diet. Will test in another month.

Dh took those pills for cholesterol and his numbers dropped,but he also had side effects from the pills.

Oh one negative for my diet change was that my good cholest also dropped(hdl).So while I got my ldl and total and tri down I actually increased my heart attack risk with the hdl drop. I read the hdl will drop with the diet change,but should increase and level out. I ate meat again so I messed up seeing if that was true.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I guess I don't know exactly what everything is except my "good" cholesterol is high. I got back 4 pages of bloodwork and stuff from when I was in the hospital and I have no idea what any of it means. I gave it to my fiance (a veterinarian) who actually knows what the numbers and acronyms mean. He says I'm very healthy. :gig

I'm learning some new stuff. So being bipolar, my greatest health risk is heart disease. Significantly higher than the rest of the population. (Gee, great. :/ ) Assuming I don't off myself I'm probably going to have heart problems. I'm trying to read back but I'm getting lost. Can I get a quick bullet list on this topic again. Maybe one for each separate diet?

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I gave it to my fiance (a veterinarian) who actually knows what the numbers and acronyms mean. He says I'm very healthy. :gig
...and your coat is so glossy and thick!! *pet pet*

I've always thought I'd have better luck going to a vet than a human doc.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I guess I don't know exactly what everything is except my "good" cholesterol is high. I got back 4 pages of bloodwork and stuff from when I was in the hospital and I have no idea what any of it means. I gave it to my fiance (a veterinarian) who actually knows what the numbers and acronyms mean. He says I'm very healthy. :gig

I'm learning some new stuff. So being bipolar, my greatest health risk is heart disease. Significantly higher than the rest of the population. (Gee, great. :/ ) Assuming I don't off myself I'm probably going to have heart problems. I'm trying to read back but I'm getting lost. Can I get a quick bullet list on this topic again. Maybe one for each separate diet?
You know, as long as you eat real food, and plenty of real fats, along with fermetned cod liver oil, there is no reason to worry about heart issues.
Its been proven that even type 1 diabetics, if they ignore the standard diabetic diet and eat like I mentioned above, will live full lives, have no need for amputation, and have excellent organ health.
And on top of all that, have "perfect" cholesterol numbers, and zero infection rates with fast healing of wounds.

With bipolar, getting a full metals panel done is a really good idea. Chances are you are high in copper, which contributes to the brain issues.

Just remember this. Heart disease is a modern disease. If you do not eat eat modern foods, you lower your risk most of the way.