Hogs for meat

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Can you eat mini pot belly pigs? There are two free 8 month old pigs on craigslist not far from here. I could keep them a short time, and then eat them?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Idk but I would try it! What have u got to lose?

.i want a pig!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A guy listed 2 pot belly pigs for free on cl. He was gonna give them to me but I asked him if I could field dress them there and he blew me off.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We are not supposed to have pigs in our neighborhood either. Really? With a town 8 miles away, nobody is going to tell me what I can and can't do on my land. I doubt if anyone out here even knows about the pig ban. My neighbors don't care anyway, especially since I raised pigs for some of them! LOL

I'd say, just get pigs anyway. Build a non-see through fence so they can't be seen from the road and my bet is, no one will care. Do you have any close neighbors?

For you, I'd say get pigs in the fall and raise through the winter. They will be gone before it gets hot and the smell and flies come to visit.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ex neighbors left him behind. Sadly I had to shoot the sow because she charged me several times and was almost as big as him. My tenants didn't like her in the yard...for obvious reasons, and the owners abandoned them when they moved. They'd been getting out of their fence for weeks already. Now he's there and tearing up my property so it's either shoot him(which is what the owners said do after I contacted them about them) or eat him. That's a lot of pork to waste!!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think I will. IF I can get him caught soon. They can go feral in a matter of weeks...

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
He is hungry. I want to feed him corn for a few weeks before slaughtering so I'll have to catch him and trailer his big butt if possible.