Holiday Present Fun!--Worst ever?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I can't ever say that I got a bad present before, but my memory is not a good as it once was.

My kids, however, I can remember some of their not so shining moments. When we lived up north, my mom used to mail us up a package for the kids, so we used to videotape them opening up their gifts. One year, I think ds wasaround three or four, and my mom had knitted him some socks. he opened them up, and the look on his face was priceless! It went from confusion, to realization, disappointment, anger and then tears. As he was sobbing, he was saying Socks aren't a Christmas present!! I can't play with socks!! All caught on tape.

My dd has NEVER played with dolls. All of her toys were stuffed animals--preferably horses, (it's weird how it was hard wired into her at such a young age--with no prodding from me or dh--we got into horses b/c of HER). Anyway, I think it was the year after ds's blooper, dd got a doll from--yup!--my mom! We didn't get the same priceless expressions fro her as we did from ds, but she bawled! Caught on tape again.

They're fun to watch!