Home made......

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
redhen said:
My 95 year old Me'me still makes milk toast when she dosent feel well...(i dont know how it helps..lol..but...), she scalds some milk and butter and alot of pepper on the stove...and pours it over some warm toast...:idunno....old vermonter recipe i guess...:)..
I remember my mom doing that for me a couple times when I was sick. Can't recall the taste and can't say that I want to try it again.

My step-dad used to love "coffee soup" = coffee, milk, sugar, and crackers. Seemed to sooth his tummy. :hu

This also reminds me of how my mom loves the liquid from a bowl of homemade green beans poured over a piece of bread to eat.

captchris

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
no one could bake pies or tarts like my mother they were the best in the woel she died when i was 18. i married a wounderful girl who it turns out can bake as pies and tarts as well as my mother could and no one in the world makes better homemade bread. she also did a wounderful job of raising our three children

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
captchris said:
no one could bake pies or tarts like my mother they were the best in the woel she died when i was 18. i married a wounderful girl who it turns out can bake as pies and tarts as well as my mother could and no one in the world makes better homemade bread. she also did a wounderful job of raising our three children
How sweet. :)