Homemade Christmas gifts

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You want to keep it inside the house, because you want is to stay 'relatively' warm. You just don't want it to freeze. Lukewarm(to slighty warmer) water is best, it jump starts the yeast and helps dissolve the sugar.

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the Lemoncello recipe Wifezilla, I had it in Sorrento where they make it & it was really refreshing.
They grow the lemon trees on the cliffs & hang netting above the roads so you don't get bonked with lemons.

I'm amazed at all the different things everyone here makes!
I only make some Christmas cards complete with a cheezy poem:
286_seasons_greetings1.jpg

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
really cute card! Nice work, I do a theme for our Christmas cards every year also, our family and friends never know what to expect for the theme.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh wow, that card's a CLASSIC! You should submit that for picture-of-the-week! :clap

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! It's so rare that they are all facing the same way.
I was kinda tempted to take a pic of them from the other direction to send to those who had been naughty not nice. With, of course, a whole different kind of poem.

GoddessDanu

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I wish I would have seen this thread before yesterday! lol I made gift baskets for just about everyone. Got the baskets at the thrift store, put chocolate chip cookies in a jar (using mason jars I got for free), but that was the end of my thriftiness. I had to buy all the ingredients for the jars, the filling for the baskets, and the cellophane and bows to wrap them all up in. I am definitely going to use my noggin next year and think of a cheap, yet more personal, way to give gifts during the holidays.

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hooray! I just got back from Michael's Craft Store with all the makings for next year's Christmas presents (most of them) for about $35. Got some cute tiny mugs to put M&Ms in for 60 cents each, some small ceramic loaf pans for 50 cents each, and some wooden and resin decorations to paint.

edited for crummy spelling