Homemade natural body wash?

Kaitlyn Eileen

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have not tried using goat milk soap or anything of the realm, but from the helpful info I've gathered from Y'all, I may give it a shot! Thank you, everyone, for the advice! I've used coconut oil for so much and it's one of the most helpful ingredients I've ever invested in. The only thing is, when I used it for my hair and had gone outside, it freezes and I appear to be Jack Frost even in the Summer! Not that I mind the comedic appearance... but my thick hair knots easily from it's instant tangling. So, what I've gotten from it is try using goat milk soap? Albeit I do not raise goats yet (hopefully sometime) I'll keep an eye out for farm stands and natural shoppes with some cheap milk.

Hope Hughes

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You can make soaps with water instead of goat milk also. I've started making soap again (Yay!) with goat milk, olive oil, coconut oil and lye. Easy. Made a batch yesterday with coffee grounds for scrubbing off dirt, etc. I have a recipe for a shampoo bar, I haven't tried it yet but it's on my list!

Oooo we want to start making soap, was curious if y po u have a good recipe for a good one to start with?

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If your not against it making bar soap is a nice replacement, the household here like a recipe I make called 'almost Castile' so much it's pretty much replaced all body and handwash soaps. its olive oil, water, lye and castor oil. but if I'm feeling fancy I'll add extras, did kaolin clay and ground up oatmeal with the last batch, have done one with strong brew coffee and coffee grounds to make a nice scrubby bar

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If your not against it making bar soap is a nice replacement, the household here like a recipe I make called 'almost Castile' so much it's pretty much replaced all body and handwash soaps. its olive oil, water, lye and castor oil. but if I'm feeling fancy I'll add extras, did kaolin clay and ground up oatmeal with the last batch, have done one with strong brew coffee and coffee grounds to make a nice scrubby bar

I buy soap from a local woman. She makes almost-castile soap for me. 95% olive oil, 5% castor oil. I use it for dishwashing. She made another loaf of bath soap for me, unscented and swirls of rose clay for color. :love

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I buy soap from a local woman. She makes almost-castile soap for me. 95% olive oil, 5% castor oil. I use it for dishwashing. She made another loaf of bath soap for me, unscented and swirls of rose clay for color. :love

Oooh! That swirl sounds pretty! Do you use the bar or make it into liquid for dishwashing?.?

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Taking notes - I haven't ventured into soap making....yet!
Honestly, I waited longer than I probably should have cause I was scared to (all the horror stories Id heard about lye) once a few batches were done I had to laugh at myself for being so scared of it. As long as you take precaution and respect recipes it's pretty safe and fairly easy to do, the hardest part is waiting!

Latest posts