Homemade pepper spray/ animal deterent

CJ1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder if lion poo would work on a dog thatndoesnt know what a lion is.

We've been seeing a migration of cougars in recent years. Some have made it as far down as the Mississipi river. And there have been many reports of dogs facing off with them without fear cause they don't know what they are.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
About a hundred or so years ago I had a young dog that needed a trip to the vet. Vet was a good friend of mine and so while we were there we usually had a nice visit. After giving my dog her exam and shots we were walking down the hall when my dog got excited by the smell of cat. The vet motioned us to come into another exam room that was dark. My excited dog stood up and put her front feet on the exam table to investigate the cat that was sedated. She literally yelped in fear and couldn't get out of that room fast enough. The sedated 'cat' on the table was a TIGER! She absolutely knew to be afraid, lol. But maybe she was just a wuss!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've heard that you can buy dog repellant that is made from lion pee. It supposedly works for deer too.

I made a pepper spray a few years ago to spray on my newly transplanted broccoli because a squirrel kept coming in and eating them down to the ground. It worked like a charm. The next time I came out into the garden, that squirrel was in the tree looking at me and oooh! the names he called me!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:yuckyuck @Britesea you mean he got the pepper beforehand?

(My mom used to feed us pepper when we used bad words as kids)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lol, yeah. I remember a friend telling me about her toddler picking a chili pepper in the garden and eating it- she called the doctor in a panic asking what to do, and he told her to feed the kid tomatoes and basil since he'd already started on a good pasta sauce, lol.

Latest posts