Homemade solar panel

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
I was too busy looking at the pretty bears too notice the rest at first. By the way, I showed my DH the solar water heater. I will want one when we can move. We made an oven before but not as fancy as yours. Very nice.
Mrs Dragon, as all women should be known as (dragon lady) you can easily make a solar water heater and save $20+ a month, I am sure that either you or your husband could build one with cheapo parts - I can answer all your questions when you want to give it a go.

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
:hu
big brown horse said:
Back off Dragonlaurel and quit all that drooling, this is the YEAR OF THE HORSE!! :cool:

:lol:
:hide BBH..what if we take turns drooling every other week? Dang those enticing pictures...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I'll take him when he is not sleeping in his food and you can have him when he is drinking beer with his bears. :lol: One way or another, he will have time to invent/make something for each of us. :p

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I'll take him when he is not sleeping in his food and you can have him when he is drinking beer with his bears. :lol: One way or another, he will have time to invent/make something for each of us. :p
Wait a minute....between the both of those times do you think he will have time to invent/make something for us? Maybe I can send the bears a bottle of Tequila.....;)

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
xpc said:
dragonlaurel said:
I was too busy looking at the pretty bears too notice the rest at first. By the way, I showed my DH the solar water heater. I will want one when we can move. We made an oven before but not as fancy as yours. Very nice.
Mrs Dragon, as all women should be known as (dragon lady) you can easily make a solar water heater and save $20+ a month, I am sure that either you or your husband could build one with cheapo parts - I can answer all your questions when you want to give it a go.
I will want to build one. I have done some soldering and my hubby is much more experienced at it. I would make it in advance and install the day after moving in but ... :/ We have utilities included in our apt. though so he wont be motivated to bother until we move. I have the camping/emergency kit version already. (solar shower bag) Have a feeling you get better results.
Are you upset that I admired the water heater, the stove or the bear? After all, I'm not shopping so he might be up for grabs. You'd have to check his marital status yourself.