homemade versions...New TV show about cracking secret recipes!!

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Does anyone know of or have a homemade version of Bull's Eye BBQ sauce or Nalley's chili that they've actually tried & swear by?
I have searched the net, only to come up with about 50 different versions and almost as many like/dislike comments for each one. I'd hate to have to try each one just to be disappointed. :(

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a pdf file of popular restaraunt recipies, Does anyone know if there is a way I can post the entire pdf?

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can't answer about the tech stuff since I'm 'technically challenged'. I'm still working on how to post pics for goodness sakes. :lol:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This thread has been dead for awhile now, but a new thread about rice got me to thinking...

I love Chinese food & stir fry since most of what I like is centered around tender crisp veggies and of course rice & noodles. Ma worked in a Chinese resteraunt when I was very young, so I grew up on it. One of my favorites is fried rice. I finally figured out a good recipe for homemade after several trial & errors. Measurements are approximate since I just throw it in until it looks about right. The only real concern is the soy sauce...if you have too much, it won't taste right & be very salty.....too little & it's bland. This is great & versatile with ingredients...

Fried Rice

3 or 4 slices of bacon cut into 1 inch pieces (you don't have to use bacon, but I do because of the added flavor & the grease to cook everything else)
1 or 2 eggs beaten
1/3 C mixed peas & carrots (I've used frozen & fresh but have to cook a bit seperately before adding), or you can use any veg cut small.
about 2 or 3 C cooked rice
up to 2 TBLS of soy sauce (start small, mix in well, taste...add a little at a time until it's about right)
sliced green onion

(when having leftover cooked rice & in a pinch, I've used little bits of different leftovers kinda like a 'clean out the fridge' fried rice. A handful of leftover cooked chicken, ham, beef, shrimp or even some chinese style sausage can be added or even to replace the bacon but you'll need to add some oil. I've also used other veggies too)

In a large fry pan, cook bacon pieces on medium high heat till done as you like & push to the side. Add beaten egg(s) stirring to scramble & cook, push aside. Add peas & carrots or other veggies & stir to mix with egg & bacon. Add cooked rice & any other leftover meat, stir until mixed well. Finally add soy sauce about a tablespoon at a time stirring it in until well mixed into rice mixture. All rice should be seperated & a slight brownish color. It should taste like fried rice, but not salty. Finally add in sliced green onion stirring to mix. Enjoy!

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks, old fashioned. My husband loves fried rice.

piecemaker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
check out
copykat.com
or
copykat-recipes.net

lots of recipes there

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There is going to be a new TV show called "Top Secret Recipe" with Todd Wilbur :)hu) who tries to uncover those 'secrets' and it airs tonight @ 8pm on CMT (Country Music Television) that will feature 'KFC' and @ 9pm 'Cinnabon'.

Just thought I'd share for those who might be interested :frow

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can hear the Cinnabon show calling me!
I just remembered. . .
I'm trying to kick the sugar habit. :rolleyes:

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wasn't too interested in Cinnabon, but curious about KFC. I'm really curious about what other recipe secrets he may come up with in the future though, depending on how the show is presented.