homestead jenna - The View from my Blue Couch

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
punkin said:
Sorry you're feeling down. It means alot to me too for someone to remember my birthday. If they don't it's not like I hold it against them or anything, I just like to feel that I matter, too.

Maybe this will help:

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, dear Homestead Jenna
Happy Birthday to you!!!!
*sniff* Thank you. :) :hugs

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Bless your heart honey, I would put pictures of my grandbabies up anywhere I dang well pleased...even if they had 2 heads and were purple. :rant

That just ticks me off...

On a lighter note...Happy Birthday, darlin'! :hugs

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
homestead jenna said:
I EVEN mused about turning the old mobile home on our property into - yes, a monster chicken coop. Heaven help me! :)
I read about someone who did that on another board. Lowered the kitchen cupboards and used them for nest boxes. Used the bathroom for a brooder area.

One of my friends and I visited a farm a couple years ago and they had a couple old school buses on their acreage that they converted to mobile hen houses. They made the back emergency door the ramp out of the bus. They removed the passenger seats put in nest boxes on one side and roosts on the other. Right behind the driver area, they used osb to create one large bin for food, and two smaller bins - one for oyster shell and one for grit. They moved the buses around their farms. We saw 4 buses, but I don't know if they had more than that. It was a really big place.

eta: Happy Birthday HJ!

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, here I am back at SSF after such a long while. I'll never ever be able to read up on what everyone's been doing so you must all call me individually and give me your updates. Meanwhile, what's been happening here?

Well, I got two adorable Dwarf Netherland rabbits for my granddaughter from a 4-H leader who's kids had stopped showing them. We have named them Abbot (the Rabbit) and Costello. They are temporarily housed in my office in a playpen. I'm gonna get them settled into their hutch hopefully this coming weekend.

I went to the farm for my first day of work and found out a couple of things. First is that the farm is 10 miles further away than I had thought at first. The other thing is that the guy whose farm it is - while a very knowledgeable guy is somewhat disorganized and the general thrown-ness of the farm was frustrating. I also was a bit disappointed about his "intention" - he made the remark that he could get out of farming whenever he wanted. I guess I was hoping he'd be somebody who couldn't NOT farm.

Anyway, I'm still in Frederick for the time being as my little dog went blind and a new house is just too frustrating and stressful for him. Since I'm also in the process of adjusting his insulin (found to be diabetic!) I just thought that was just way too much for him. And for me.

(edit) Oh, and I took my beekeeping class. I found a carpenter to make my hive...good thing, too, because the bees come on my granddaughter's birthday - 3/28!

Okay, I'm off to find out what all you people have been doing without me....

--J

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Lucky! Our bee day isn't until May!

Sorry to hear the farm job is not what you thought. Seems silly to say "I could get out of farming" to my way of thinking. Maybe they are those kind of farmers who don't eat anything from their farm?

Latest posts