homestead jenna - The View from my Blue Couch

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate You GO, girl!!!!

Well, you know the old saying....God created all men and women, Mr. DeWalt made 'em equal! (yeah, yeah, I know I stole it from Mr. Colt, but it sounded good, didn't it? :p :D )

Your spring project list sounds like mine, we must compare notes! :)
You said God and DeWalt in the same sentence....bless you. :)

Hey - I'm about to come over that "hill" between me and you and find you, girlie.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm coming your way soon....going over in Timbuktu somewheres to get my Dorper/Katahdin lambs in the middle of the month. My niece knows a guy over there that breeds them and I can't wait! Babies! :love

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
January 4. Tick-tick-tick...the clock is winding down to I have to return to the Evil Empire tomorrow, bright and early. With all I've been through there, it's only the promise of giving notice in 6 weeks that keeps me going. :)

Today I got the chicken wire and stuff that my brother bought for my coop. I was looking at the playhouse while I was at his house and it's gonna be relatively easy to take apart, get here, and re-purpose into a hen haven. I have it all managed in my head - same place my chickens are right now so it's all good. ;)

I went to see my "chicken daddy" last week and he's got a LOT of birds to choose from - but those brahmas are bigger than my dog - Britty The Wonder Pom. There was this little black hen running all over the yard (mating pairs are caged together right now, the rest of the chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese were hanging out) as though she was checking on everybody - very funny. I knew Larry had birds...but the variety and sheer numbers were surprising. I can see this chicken thang is gonna give a WHOLE new meaning to "avian flu." :lol: I EVEN mused about turning the old mobile home on our property into - yes, a monster chicken coop. Heaven help me! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I saw a pic once where someone had buried an old school bus up to the windows, with a ramp down into the entrance, and converted it to a chicken coop! Now, that took some work! :p

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Now that is someone with either an illness or WAAAAAAYYYY too much free time on their hands!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Now that is someone with either an illness or WAAAAAAYYYY too much free time on their hands!
Probably the same kind of folks who make chicken diapers! :gig

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I saw a pic once where someone had buried an old school bus up to the windows, with a ramp down into the entrance, and converted it to a chicken coop! Now, that took some work! :p
Maybe I will suggest this to my neighbor because he has a bus sitting in his side yard just filled with junk!

homestead jenna

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
January 5. Back to the Evil Empire today and feeling really depressed - and then really mad at myself for being so small about something petty. For one thing - they supposedly celebrate the birthdays in the month at that month's staff meeting. Well, the only other person besides me with a birthday this month is the office coordinator person. She made a big show of this red velvet cake for HER birthday. Mine wasn't mentioned at all.

Now, mind you - this isn't earth-shattering. My world is not going to crumble because these thoughtless people overlooked (I'll say that instead of "ignored") my birthday being this month. But - ya know - it's just one of those things that sticks in your craw. I went home at lunch and didn't want to return this afternoon. This kind of thing has been going on almost since the day I came to work here. (here's a hint: my granddaughter was born soon after I came here and she's of mixed race in a conservative area...needless to say, I don't have ANY family pictures around my area).

But - *picking self up and dusting self off* I'll be giving them my resignation before I know it and heading to the farm to work. I'll be broke (farm pay is hardly gonna put gas in the car) but I sure won't feel like this.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Sorry you're feeling down. It means alot to me too for someone to remember my birthday. If they don't it's not like I hold it against them or anything, I just like to feel that I matter, too.

Maybe this will help:

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, dear Homestead Jenna
Happy Birthday to you!!!!