Homesteading with animals...post a pic!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
thechickcrew said:
Just click on the link under my avatar. They are really easy to do. Beekissed you should go to www.freewebs.com and make you a website to. It's easy and best of all, it's free. :)

<--------------------------------------- Click on Website
I got it! Cute website...all the animals look so clean and happy! Thanks for the info on the websites, TCC, I will probably do that soon. I would like to eventually sell gift baskets of my products online. I do like free!!

I can just tell that we are all going to be great help to each other on this site! :)

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerChick, chickcrew, Beekissed, my goodness the 3 of you women are insperation.. :clap :clap :clap
Doing what the rest of us wish we could or should have done.

DH and I own 1 1/2 acre then we rent 8 acres (just out side our back door sorta speaking) of pasture where we keep our 6 horses. We are trying to complete our greenhouse for resale of bedding plants and are going to attempt to raise tomatoes year round. Maybe next year add peppers to the off season too. We last year got our 1st ducks and now have 12. A couple months ago had given to us 4 hens and a frizzle rooster. 3 weeks ago I found and RIR hen. So total of 5 hens now. We now have 16 Cuckoo Marans chicks that are 3 weeks old. We both work, I work Mon -Fri at the County Sheriff's Dept and DH is an EMT and does computer work,, besides trying to continue building on our property. He built the barn (it's solar powered), outside wood burning furnace, the chicken coop and the greenhouse is almost complete. He is also working on completing a wind generator to supplement our power usage. We are looking forward to :fl :fl hopfully starting on our straw bale home next year. :fl

So we are slowly working up to where we talked about when we 1st got married 23 years ago. WOW :old I look at that and wonder why we thought moving to the big city was all that great of an idea.. :idunno

I think back, I know that we got some benfit but, we would have been so much happier for those 10 years if we would have just stayed home....

Well at least we are working to a smaller scale of our younger dreams..... :bouquet
Maybe I can retire early and stay home and we both can live a happier richer life style..... Not $$$$ but richer in satisfaction and happiness :coolsun

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
He is also working on completing a wind generator to supplement our power usage. We are looking forward to hopfully starting on our straw bale home next year.
karanleaf: Having serious sufficiency envy here! Can you please, purty please, post pics of when you build your strawbale house and keep a running blog of the process? I so love to view those and see the structure rise. I feel it is the ultimate green housing. Are you going to cover it with cob or traditional sidings? If you do it with cob, just think of all the funky, artistic designs you can do! Tell us more?? :) Your hubby is building his own wind generator? Woman, you are truly blessed....always good to have a handy man!

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
karanleaf said:
Not $$$$ but richer in satisfaction and happiness :coolsun
That's what matters most. Thank you Karanleaf, you are an inspiration yourself. Beekissed back off on the envy :) . I would like to see the house go up also. And the windmill. :)

Joebwe25

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well. We live in the city, and we can have up to 4 chickens. I want to get more, but that's not really happening. I'm not giving up! Nobody in the family wants to get more.
It's "4 lots" of fun!
That answer you question?

Acre of Blessings

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have to say that I feel really sorry (in a good way) for people that have to live in the city. The only good thing about it that I can see is that youdon't have that far to drive, but it seems that you have no privacy. Bummer

Latest posts