Homesteading with animals...post a pic!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
He reminds me of an old friend. His name was Cowboy. He was a red dun and put together much like your Jeep. If he was chasing a cow or doing a job NOTHING could stop him. He was not my own horse, but I used him as a lesson horse for intermediate riders. Believe me he could teach them a thing or two.

I think someone around here should start a horse lovers thread. You know how we get. We could talk horse forever! :lol:

You do have a beautiful daughter. I assume she is horse crazy as well.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks you guys, I'm glad nobody said he was too fat. :hide I know he is a chunk ball, but he cant help it, he is an easy keeper. That boy could stay fat livin' on a tennis court!

Sad thing was when the crack head :somad owned him he was just a sad bag of bones. I intended to put some meat on his bones, and it worked, and worked and worked!! I have tried everything to help him slim back down just a bit, but NOPE he stays LARGE. So for her to let him turn into a bag of bones is beyond me. :somad He is the cheapest horse I have to feed...AND he is the tallest and most active of the three!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
He reminds me of an old friend. His name was Cowboy. He was a red dun and put together much like your Jeep. If he was chasing a cow or doing a job NOTHING could stop him. He was not my own horse, but I used him as a lesson horse for intermediate riders. Believe me he could teach them a thing or two.

I think someone around here should start a horse lovers thread. You know how we get. We could talk horse forever! :lol:

You do have a beautiful daughter. I assume she is horse crazy as well.
Hey, I would love to start a horse lover's thread! :gig Then I wouldn't shut up for sure!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My aunt has a mare like that she would stay fat on two flakes of hay a year. The vet was concerned and tested her and the mare tested hypoTHYROID! Now she is on meds every day and is a little LESS her old self.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
My aunt has a mare like that she would stay fat on two flakes of hay a year. The vet was concerned and tested her and the mare tested hypoTHYROID! Now she is on meds every day and is a little LESS her old self.
SH*T! Dont tell me that!

(Luckily my vet thinks he still looks within the range of normal.)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
This mare was always REALLY cresty and she had big old globs of "extra padding" on both sides of her tail. She also seemed to overheat easily, so your old man probably does not have the same problem.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
This mare was always REALLY cresty and she had big old globs of "extra padding" on both sides of her tail. She also seemed to overheat easily, so your old man probably does not have the same problem.
:lol: Now you are describing me! :lol:

He actually has a beautiful neck normally (tenced- up in photo) and buns of steel, just a beer belly.

He is usually the last horse to get lathery on a ride too. (Whew!)

"big old globs of extra pudding"
is what I thought you wrote at first glance! :gig