How about a SHOP section on the forum?

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Joel_BC asked me about one and I think it's a good idea. Maybe we could use the area for welding, cutting, blade sharpening, tool repair, etc? Maybe more?

There are a lot of good posts that are buried here on the DIY section and the Everything Else Sufficient area, probably other areas, too.

What'cha think?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I love the idea. I know somewhere here is a lesson on how to sharpen knives. That would be great in a SHOP section. Along with how to repair/sharpen/ shovels, and other great stuff, and it would make it easier to find.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like a GREAT idea :D I love tools :weee I found an antique axe head in the woods and need to know the best way to go about sharpening it. It has the blunt edge right now, never been sharpened.

daver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Sounds like a GREAT idea :D I love tools :weee I found an antique axe head in the woods and need to know the best way to go about sharpening it. It has the blunt edge right now, never been sharpened.
Great find!!! I love finding stuff like that.

To the OP, it's a great idea!!!!

:thumbsup

Dave

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
This sounds like the beginning of a horror movie plot!!!!

:hide

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Wannabefree said:

:yuckyuck

daver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Marianne said:
TanksHill said:
Wannabefree said:

:yuckyuck
Cue the music.

elevan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I moved this into the News, Information and Feedback forum where it will get more visibility by staff of your suggestion.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for moving this here! I got a great PM from Joel_BC about this, but I'll admit that I totally misunderstood what he was asking (I only got a few hours of sleep last night).

So, I think this sounds like an interesting idea! If there is enough interest, discussion, and there is a clear line of demarcation between topics, it could be a great idea.

Keep fleshing it out!