How are you an expert?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll could do it @baymule! I've participated and it's not that much different than any other animal. Guts are pretty much all the same, lol!

Go Deb!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ya'll could do it @baymule! I've participated and it's not that much different than any other animal. Guts are pretty much all the same, lol!

Go Deb!
I want to cut pork chops, roast, and cure bacon. I have made sausage, both pan and stuffed. I just don't want a 300 pound pig all in sausage! LOL

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Nope, at least some of it HAS to be bacon!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I can't believe I just saw Freemotion and WannabeFree on here! :th Hi, ladies!!!!! :woot:frow Freemo, I'm doing BTE too! ;)

I'm not an expert at anything that I can think of right off hand...maybe being a student? Nah....I'm not even good at that, but I keep doing it all the same. I'm a student of life, I guess you would say. A sponge.

I love learning on a wide range of things, I love DIY things, I love being frugal and making do on little and repurposing things. I've raised chickens about 40 yrs, so I've picked up a few things about them but am most decidedly still learning new things on them every day, which I think is one of their charms...always something to learn there. Will NEVER consider myself an expert on that, though. :gig

Good to see some past members with MUCH to share coming back to do so....I'm eager to sponge up the knowledge flow. :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule I will try to take pictures when we process the next pig. We don't do all the cuts though, we tend to eat a fair amount of ground pork and sausage. I'll show what we do though. Won't be too long before we butcher again I don't think.