How do you disenfect used shoes?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
for most of my life, I would not buy or wear used shoes. The I found I cannot afford to be that picky. I have bought nice nearly new children's shoes for DD when she was little and I buy and wear them for myself. I usually just use the lysol and sun treatment or I wash them in a tub with chlorine added to the wash water, then dry them in the sun. As a matter of fact I just did that to a pair of Dr Scholl's tennis shoes that I bought for $1 this week.
Now I buy shoes for our grand child as long as they are in great shape. Little kids usually don't wear a pair of shoes very long, so they often look like new and just need some disinfecting or cleaning.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Most of the used shoes I have bought look like they were not really worn. I think the most typical thing is people give away shoes that never really fit them and were not worn much. I especially like to find thing such as snow boots or winter wear there.

At the Goodwill stores near us, they sort the shoes really well and don't put out old yucky ones for sale. Many are leather and most are in really good shape. They must send the rejects to different stores.