How do you get the labels off of your jars??

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi Gina! :frow

I don't know exactly how far back they go, but Rich's Grandma was using them in the 60s and 70s. I got over a hundred of them last summer along with a load of jars from someone who advertised them on kijiji. They aren't a standard size, but fit a strictly Canadian jar size called "Gem" or "Jewel" that has a mouth opening kinda between the size of a standard and a wide mouth jar opening.

I love them to bits, they always seem to seal (so far, touch wood!) and they save me money on flats :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I may be a little late to this thread, and I haven't read through all of the reply's however, we do not use labels any more. Too hard to get them and that sticky glue off. I have switched to Permanent Markers. I date right on the glass jars..and it washes of easy in hot soapy water.

rubyluise

Power Conserver
Reaction score
peteyfoozer said:
I am so sick of scraping last years labels off of my canning jars. There MUST be an easier way!
I will give you the best ways to remove the labels on jars. You can soak your jar with vinegar and baking soda or else use detergent powder makes your work easy of getting labels off. If the jars have metal material the you just keep your jar on gas make sure that only keep the part on gas which stick by labels. Just stay 5 or 10 second and the label easily remove it. Hope it will be helpful for you.