How do you prepare for a Blizzard?

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lol.. folks today were funny at the store hurrying hither and yonder stocking up for the 2 day storm we are supposed to have. Only thing I'm worried about is the power going out.. But even then I'll have 2 kerosene heaters and lots of candles waiting :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Grab extra marshmallows for the hot chocolate and cream you already have in stock which you will sip by fire that you already have weeks worth of firewood chopped and ready for?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I grab a soda and some popcorn and watch the lemmings run in circles looking for the cliff :lol: It is rather entertaining to see if you can actually make it down the bread isle without touching another human being. :lol: they get packed in that isle like sardines trying to grab a loaf! It's rather insane ;) Have fun with it Mr. Boyd!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Make sure I have the laundry and dishes done up, take my shower the night before I go to work, make sure I have plenty of wood on the porch. Then I cook a big pot of hot soup of some kind, make some homemade bread and wait to see if I'll be able to make it to work the next day.

All the other preps were done at the beginning of winter.

Boyd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Grab extra marshmallows for the hot chocolate and cream you already have in stock which you will sip by fire that you already have weeks worth of firewood chopped and ready for?
at the new house I don't have a wood burner in yet, just have propane and kerosene as a backup so far :) The marshmallow situation; grabbed 2 bags today and it is so funny you mention it, cuz that's exactly what I was thinking :)

WBF - It was rather funny watching them running around.. cases of water were flying out the shelf, pallets of salt were emptying faster than they could bring them to the center aisles, and shovels? You'd think we've never had snow before in michigan... and this was about 11am.. When most folks in this area were at work! I shudder to think what 5 oclock looked like :hide

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The one thing I make sure of is a full tank of gas in the vehicles, otherwise, sitting back and watching the show. :pop

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It took me a minute to figure out what a treadle belt was, and why you needed one for a snowstorm!

Well, last night, I cut and split a whole bunch of wood. Our water is high in iron, so we don't drink it, and we have plenty of bottled drinking water. I'm behind on clothes. I was going to work on laundry yesterday, but w/the system moving in, it puts a ton of pressure on my ears, and I've been getting vertigo attacks. :( At least they've changed the forecast to mainly just rain.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have ice storms

I am prepared when winter starts, all I do is fill up vehicles, maybe grab a few food items if needed....other than that, I don't do anything different. I have all I need ahead of time.

it is funny that people flock to the store lol